• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Favorite Riding Lights?

goodrick

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the market for some semi-obnoxious riding lights to mount on my crash bars (H&B). The primary purpose would be increasing my visibility. But I don't want to make the bike look wonky to accomplish this.

Likes? Dislikes? Got pictures?

I'm hoping to find some that are black, small, with minimal mounting hardware required. I'm even considering having mounting tabs welded on to the bars, before I get them powder coated to the color I want.

Thanks for the help!

I use the Givi Trekker lights.

003.jpg

I prefer using plastic mounting clamps. This way when I go down the mounting clamps break, and the Givi Trekker lights roll away unharmed.

I point my riding lights to the side of the roadway. This helps me see critters a little quicker at night time.

I have Denali 01 lights from Twisted Throttle, small and bright mounted on SM Motech crash bars.
IMG_4748.JPG

Riding with others get comments on how bright and how well they show up.
IMG_4793.JPG

Rigid Industries D2s... I have them mounted on Givi crash bars. Don't have a picture of them on, but I can take on tomorrow. When I flip the lights on, the sun comes out. VERY well built, totally worth the money. People see you coming from miles. You can see one of them mounted on this picture, if you want one with them on I can get one tomorrow. Highly recommended.

I'm in the market for some semi-obnoxious riding lights to mount on my crash bars (H&B). The primary purpose would be increasing my visibility. But I don't want to make the bike look wonky to accomplish this.

Likes? Dislikes? Got pictures?

I'm hoping to find some that are black, small, with minimal mounting hardware required. I'm even considering having mounting tabs welded on to the bars, before I get them powder coated to the color I want.

Thanks for the help!

I've got the perfect solution for you. The Denali DM aka Denali "Micros". They are small (Pod Size: 1.7” round x 2.4” long), black, bright as heck and both pods combined only draw 10 watts of power. I have them on my bike (Yamaha FZ1) and get complements on the conspicuity in the middle of the day from random strangers. The optics are small and intense. The color is a very bright white. They are very different from normal light and really draw the eye to them. At night they effectively double the distance down the road that you can see and do an excellent job of filling the sides of the road without blinding on-coming traffic. I've had them on my bike for about a year and never been flashed for being too bright. At the same time I feel like I have had fewer close calls with distracted drivers that did not see me.

The retail is currently (8/1/2013) $234.99

The Micros are put on using this simple fender $15 mount kit:

Sorry for off topic but I liked the handguards in Fuzzy's photo, are they Barkbusters or something else?

They are Barkbuster Storm handguards.

bb.bhg46.2.st.jpg

You can find them along with two other versions HERE.

Kevin

I like inconspicuous. The RI D2s are nice too, for their crazy brightness. Those are my favorite two so far. I need to dig around some more and see the mounting hardware for the RI D2s. If they don't require a bracket to clamp style mount, I like them.

Thanks to everybody.

I've got the perfect solution for you. The Denali DM aka Denali "Micros". They are small (Pod Size: 1.7” round x 2.4” long), black, bright as heck and both pods combined only draw 10 watts of power. I have them on my bike (Yamaha FZ1) and get complements on the conspicuity in the middle of the day from random strangers. The optics are small and intense. The color is a very bright white. They are very different from normal light and really draw the eye to them. At night they effectively double the distance down the road that you can see and do an excellent job of filling the sides of the road without blinding on-coming traffic. I've had them on my bike for about a year and never been flashed for being too bright. At the same time I feel like I have had fewer close calls with distracted drivers that did not see me.

The retail is currently (8/1/2013) $234.99

The Micros are put on using this simple fender $15 mount kit:

I have those on mine, but I didn't get the right fender mount. So mine are mounted lower where the reflector is mounted on the front wheel. I may get this fender mount to raise them up a bit. I've never had any other light so I can't compare them or call them a favorite, but I'm very pleased with them so far. I work 12hr rotating shifts at work, so at least one trip either to or from work is in the dark. They give me enough extra lighting with out blinding other drivers or attracting the attention of the police for not being road legal. Would love to have the Rigid D2's to have the sun come out at night, but from what I recall is that they are for "off road use only". Not sure if I could get away with those here in Cali.

I have those on mine, but I didn't get the right fender mount. So mine are mounted lower where the reflector is mounted on the front wheel. I may get this fender mount to raise them up a bit. I've never had any other light so I can't compare them or call them a favorite, but I'm very pleased with them so far. I work 12hr rotating shifts at work, so at least one trip either to or from work is in the dark. They give me enough extra lighting with out blinding other drivers or attracting the attention of the police for not being road legal. Would love to have the Rigid D2's to have the sun come out at night, but from what I recall is that they are for "off road use only". Not sure if I could get away with those here in Cali.

You want some mega lights - look at the Denali Dx "Xtreme"

dx_pods_crop_s_1.jpg

Specs:

• Pod Size: 3” square x 3.75” long
  • Beam Distance: 695’
  • Power Draw: 10 watts per pod
  • Intensity: Dual
  • Beam Angle: 10°
  • Waterproof: IP-68

Back