• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Final word on AVON Diztansias... Don't get them

Ponyperformance8

Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you just really like spending money on tires.

a 740 mile trip cost me about 3/32nds of tread depth on the rear over two days... nuff said.

Good tire, just short lived.

Rapid wear was caused by the excessive horsepower of the NC. Next time buy tires rated "Up to 50 HP." :)

Last edited:
I had decent results with the Avon. I put 5k miles on them and had good tread left when I sold my first dct. If Shinko hadn't started making the front in our size I'd be currently using the Avons.
IMHO cupping will happen quickly with any tire that's not inflated properly.

I had decent results with the Avon. I put 5k miles on them and had good tread left when I sold my first dct. If Shinko hadn't started making the front in our size I'd be currently using the Avons.
IMHO cupping will happen quickly with any tire that's not inflated properly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I had similar experience (short life and a too little pricey) with the Supermoto Distania. Only they were not good enough to buy again and I also switched to 705. I did run several sets of Distanzia regular compound on other bikes with no issues.

Low inflation is not the only reason...........Even moderate to excessive front braking will cup a soft compound tire in short order.

Uneven wear, cupping or feathering is very common as the post below talks about:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/9842-uneven-tire-wear.html

Last edited:
Distanzias used to come in 2 types supermoto soft and dual sport medium. not sure now

My 705s gave me much better performance and wear, the front is still good after 6,000 miles plus, for something like half the price. I even went with the taller front with no regrets.... Now that I'll be doing a lot more street than dirt I'll be thinking about wet performance and wear and I'm really not sure what I'll do, but the 705 is still a top choice.

Anyone have better ideas ?

Oh and at the time I purchased, the SM Compound was the only thing available in our size.

Tire wear and characteristics sure seems like a weird and random thing for every type, brand, and individual rider that's for sure!

I got an easy 8,000+ miles out of my rear TKC80, probably could have gone to 9K before it was truly and utterly shagged, and I would be surprised if I get anything less than 12+ or so thousand miles out of the front. No cupping or odd wear, awesome grip wet and dry, superb gravel, mud, pavement manners.*

Scraped parts on the bike on both sides during spirited corners just last weekend with minimal luggage weight, and the spring preload pegged both front and rear. I was at higher elevation, and the ambient temperature was cold enough for snow on the ground.

Unless my new replacement TKC rear dies within pitiful number of miles or evinces some inexplicable nasty behavior out of the blue, I can't see ever wanting to use another kind of tire on my bike, barring a significant change in my riding circumstances. I won't completely rule that out, as the more time that passes has me less and less able to go through the gnarly stuff offroad, so going to a potentially cheaper, longer lasting street tire isn't beyond the realm of consideration.

* to each their own; I have zero problems with a "lumpy" knobby ride or louder tread noise.

I enjoyed the performance of the distanzia's but not at that price for the mileage I got. Replaced mine at 4500 miles with the 705's and feel I made a great choice. Price per mile would have come out to about 10 cents. That just doesn't make sense. Especially when fuel use is at 4 cents per mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, the front will cup quickly rendering poor contact in the center.

I've had the same experience with the one I am running on the front. It was the first and last but I have gotten good mileage out of it doing a daily commute.

Back