• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Finally pulled the trigger....

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been hanging around here for awhile, trying to learn about NC's and whether or not this was the bike for me. Well, I pulled the trigger today. Just left the dealer. I purchased a red 2014 NC700XD. I took a little risk with the DCT, but I think it will work out for me. Got a decent discount...this bike has been sitting in the showroom since last fall.

I also added Givi side and top racks as well as a set of Trekker hard bags. 33l side, 46l top. In addition, I ordered the center stand, aux. wiring harness and relay kit.

Need to look into crash bars and windscreen.

The bike will be delivered day after tomorrow.

Welcome from NE Minnesota! I have a 2013 DCT and have only been able to put about 25 miles on it, so my opinion is rather limited but so far I really like it. My left hand keeps reaching for the clutch lever but that will go away soon! This is a great forum!!! Great help and lots of information. Ride Safe!

I think you'll find the DCT to be a pleasant surprise, with no "risk". I've owned mine for a couple of years now and don't regret the purchase at all. It's nice to have the option of shifting when I want to or choosing to just go into 'glide' (my term) mode and see the sights.

Either trans will still guarantee you a nice, all-around bike!

When you're ready to start purchasing other farkles, remember that 'SEARCH' is your friend. The members on this forum either know of or quickly find most of the avaiable stuff that's out there and can give you sound advice. And save you a few pennies along the way!

CONGRATS on the new bike!!! You will not regret going with the DCT model.

Since you new to DCT, I'd recommend that you start reading the post in this thread to get familar with the different modes of operation, DCT S-Model. I have made many contributations.

In the meantime, say "Hello" to NaNCy.

Attachments

• IMG_4673.jpg
    IMG_4673.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4671.jpg
    IMG_4671.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4670.jpg
    IMG_4670.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4674.jpg
    IMG_4674.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 91
crash bars are the most important purchase ever...good tip.

I hope those are not crash bars, these days they are called engine guards. However, if those are crash bars you will have the honor of joining our

Down to Earth Club - "For Members of this Forum who have been down!"

Those engine guards are great for installing highway pegs and running lights.

Last edited:
I've been hanging around here for awhile, trying to learn about NC's and whether or not this was the bike for me. Well, I pulled the trigger today. Just left the dealer. I purchased a red 2014 NC700XD. I took a little risk with the DCT, but I think it will work out for me. Got a decent discount...this bike has been sitting in the showroom since last fall.

I also added Givi side and top racks as well as a set of Trekker hard bags. 33l side, 46l top. In addition, I ordered the center stand, aux. wiring harness and relay kit.

Need to look into crash bars and windscreen.

The bike will be delivered day after tomorrow.

Glad to hear that Dubb! Welcome to the fold and looking forward to the pics!

I also have a DCT model and the Givi 33 liter Trekker side bags. My other bike (NT700V) has a Givi V46 top case so I can mount that to the NC if need be but for now I'm trying to reduce the amount of unneeded junk I take on long trips...and not having a top box reduces the junk load greatly!

So far I've been just a push "D" and go type of rider. I did experiment briefly with the manual option of upshifting/downshifting via the left side levers but no more than that and I merely wanted to see how it worked.

I have the 2014 DCT model and love it. A note on the windscreen, however; get a few more miles at speed to see how it works for you. It will raise about 2 inches by rotating the screw positions. I have mine in the lower position, and the wind hits right at the top of the visor for me. Another rider just ordered an adjustable wing that clips on the top and is gonna let me know how it works for him and I may get one of those instead of a bigger screen. It really comes down to where you are on the bike and height and even the helmet you have. For me, I only need a slightly adjusted screen. And yes, I did try the current screen in the upper position, but it was worse due to the angle. The wing will let me adjust the angle a bit more.

As for the DCT, best decision I could have made for me. Get used to it in D mode, because when you go hit the small country roads and twisties, S mode will rock your socks! Full manual for me is more of a nuisance than anything, I have not needed any more control or RPMs than the S mode would give, and in normal city driving, D mode with an up or down shift here and there is perfect. And for city driving, spend an hour in traffic and you will see the benefit of the DCT and not having to worry about shifting and clutch work.

Above all, ride t he hell out of it and have a great, safe, time doing it!

Back