• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First Honda NC700X recall?

Bob,
People make choices, the odds of the chain breaking were not 1 in 6. Nine chains failed total out of what? 2 or 3 thousand. Anyway the odds all kinds of misfortune are just part of life.

Art

Bob,
People make choices, the odds of the chain breaking were not 1 in 6. Nine chains failed total out of what? 2 or 3 thousand. Anyway the odds all kinds of misfortune are just part of life.

Art
Totally agree with this. Who is anyone to question anothers choice?
Like many others I chose to keep on riding until chain was replaced.

Tony

Funny how things sometimes work out. I called a local Honda dealership on Thursday to inquire whether or not my chain was on the recall list, found out it was and scheduled an appointment to have it replaced Monday. Picked up the mail the same day and there was the recall notice! Boo Yah!

There is a recall on the chain for the safety of your life. Why would you continue to ride it? Do you play Russian roulette also?
[/url]

The Honda service bulletin that the dealer follows to perform the chain replacement recall does not state a requirement that the motorcycle should no longer be ridden until modified. My dealer pointed that out to me. He ordered the chain, and when I had time two weeks later, the chain was replaced. I made the choice to continue riding the bike during that two week period. I don't run this bike hard (hence 78 MPG), so even with a defective chain I doubt I could break it.

About two weeks after the chain was replaced, Honda saw fit to notify me by mail about the recall. Seems they weren't too excited about it, as the letter came about a month after we learned of it here on the forum.

Everyone can assess there own risk tolerance.

Greg

Back