• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First the Miata now the NC700X

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
So yesterday I jump on my NC for the first time in a month as I've been so busy at work and throw in a vacation as well. I came to a conclusion yesterday that like my old Mazda Miata, the more you ride the NC the more you appreciate what the bike is. I love how the bike has surprising torque at such low RPM. How my bike sounds when on the gas with my Yoshimura exhaust. How the bike makes effortless u-turns thanks to ridiculously low center of gravity. How tomorrow I could fill my Honda saddlebags, trunk and Frunk to the gills and literally ride across country with ease and do it at 70+ MPG!!!!

Yeah I miss my Goldwing and my SV1000S but this NC700X is EXACTLY what I "need" and more and more what I "want".

Craig

You just can not beat something that fulfills your "want" and your "need". Then you got the perfect steak, no more need to go out for hamburgers.

I can relate to that feeling. I have a jeep wrangler that I personally modified. Spent over 20K in just mods. I love that thing more than a person should. Thing is, when I walk out the door I gravitate to my NC. Basically the reason you gave but for what I do it is perfect. I ride it to work. It is perfect for that purpose. I use it to Geocache. It is even better suited for that because I can snake into tight spots easily. I miss my CBR but love what this bike can do that my CBR couldn't.

I gravitated so much to my NC, that I just sold my '04 Rubicon (also fully built up)! It was hard, but she needed a home where she could be abused. :)

You're talking my language. The NC is a great bike and delivers so much in all around enjoyment.

I am like you I had a 09' Vstrom 1000, and a GL1800 goldwing, Nice But HEAVY!!.

I have 8 motorcycles currently, I am thinning the herd, I had 13 motorcycles as of two years ago.

That is too many to keep up with.

I want to get down to a couple of nice lighter bikes.

I really like my NC700x, I am keeping this bike for Many, Many years,

But, I would also like to have a DRZ400 single cylinder enduro bike.

I am going to sell at least one more Goldwing this coming summer, I may end up keeping one or two Goldwings. Probably Keep the lighter 4cylinder Goldwings, and get rid of the heavier 6 cylinder wings.

So yesterday I jump on my NC for the first time in a month as I've been so busy at work and throw in a vacation as well. I came to a conclusion yesterday that like my old Mazda Miata, the more you ride the NC the more you appreciate what the bike is. I love how the bike has surprising torque at such low RPM. How my bike sounds when on the gas with my Yoshimura exhaust. How the bike makes effortless u-turns thanks to ridiculously low center of gravity. How tomorrow I could fill my Honda saddlebags, trunk and Frunk to the gills and literally ride across country with ease and do it at 70+ MPG!!!!

Yeah I miss my Goldwing and my SV1000S but this NC700X is EXACTLY what I "need" and more and more what I "want".

Craig

I think I'm getting to where I can really relate.... still have my GoldWing but not as fun to drive as the NC, and the slow speed handling ... wow. What am I doing wrong I'm only getting 63 - 68 max mpg... sure better than 37 - 40 so I guess I should keep quite. Now if I can get electronic cruise control ........

I get 64mpg aroun the traffic rich Pine County and 73-74 on the highway without trying. I flog the crap out of the bike at times too. I dunno why some would get less. Weight and throttle habits come to mind tho.

Well the Miata is a pretty damn good car... I don't have one but I definitely wouldn't mind buying one. I also have another car that Ienjoy more and more everyday, but I dont think people would agree :X
My prius hsa surprised me with how enjoyable it is to drive..

Back