• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

FOBO Bike Bluetooth 4.0 Tire Pressure Monitors

Amazon.com: FOBO Bike Bluetooth 4.0 Theft Deterrent Android and iOS Compatible Tire Pressure Monitoring System with 2 Tire Sensors for Motorcycles: Automotive

I just added this to the NC. pretty cool.

the app needs a bit of work but works fine. pretty accurate compared to the gauges.

So I am assuming that this device screws on to the Schrader valve and thereby depresses the pin and essentially leaves the Schrader valve open, while then sealing the tire with it's own o-ring of some sort? Is this seal a fool proof system? Not to be a total pessimist here, but I would be concerned that in attempting to more closely monitor my tire condition, I have actually introduced a mechanism by which they might more easily lose air and fail.

As with most Amazon listings, important details and photos are often missing.

Last edited:
So I am assuming that this device screws on to the Schrader valve and thereby depresses the pin and essentially leaves the Schrader valve open, while then sealing the tire with it's own o-ring of some sort? Is this seal a fool proof system? Not to be a total pessimist here, but I would be concerned that in attempting to more closely monitor my tire condition, I have actually introduced a mechanism by which they might be more easily lose air and fail.

This is true. I tried a set of these and came to the same conclusion. They are especially to be avoided with rubber valve stems. Over time, the valve stems will take a curved rearward set and may eventually break. So in addition to losing the seal of the Schraeder valve, you impart a force on the stem that was not considered in its design. Metal stems would eliminate one of the two potential problems.

I've been running a Bluetooth TireGuard TPMS for several thousand miles and note no detectable wheel balance issues when swapping valve sensors back and forth between two motorcycles. The sensors weigh about 1/3 oz (9 grams). Triple digits a time or two. Or three.

There are lots of touring and sport touring guys running Bluetooth sensors like this with seemingly no ill effects from gradual or rapid loss of pressure (at least if there is loss of pressure.....you'll know about it!). That is tens of thousands of miles experience a month on one forum I frequent.

I always replace rubber stems at the first tire change with aluminum billet 83 degree stems.

I do have a bit of a concern about the rubber stem weakening over time. am due for a tire change in the rear in the next couple thousand mile. i think a metal steam would or should solve the issue.

and i truly believe that this should be an item from the Factory. all 2007 cars have it due to federal regulation. i wish it apply to motorcycle as well.

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; TPMS; Controls and Displays. Final Rule.

Last edited:
Back