• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Foot peg options

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As a tall rider (6'5") I find the foot pegs to be to high for me. I'm stopping every so often to stand up and let my legs rest. Does anyone have any info or exprience on finding/creating a system that allows the pegs to be mounted lower than they currently are? I'm hoping to come up with something that would allow me to drop them several inches.

I'm aware that if they go to low there's a danger of them dragging on corners, but right now I find that I'm resting my feet on the plastic cowling that wraps the frame just behind the radiator hose on the left and the horn on the right. That can't be good for the plastic and a good bump or pothole could pull my feet off the bike.

Ideas/thoughts ?

There seems to be a lot of options for peg lowering on other bikes. It's a pretty common mod. I lowered the pegs on my CBR1100XX with no ill effects. Have not done an exhaustive search for the NCX but here's a place that makes them for the CBR and VTR models. Dave's Lowering Brackets

I'm also 6'5" and have pondered this as well. It seems the Twisted Throttle option to lower the pegs a bit and perhaps add highway pegs (mounted on crash bars?) will be something I'll look into seriously once I pick up my NC this spring from the dealership. (I haven't ridden it yet, let alone sat on it... I test-rode one which got me pondering peg options.)

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I think the Twisted Throttle option doesn't really drop the peg height all that much. And I thought about the crash bars............. but although that might extend the feet forward several inches, I'm not sure it would lower the height all that much.

The search goes on!

I have the Twisted Throttle 30mm (1.25") lowered pegs. They also sell 50mm (2") ones but they don't recommend them. Need to look at how much you can adjust brake and shift levers. 3" is probably more than you can adjust.

photo-4.jpg

I wonder if moving the pegs back, as well as down, would help with the leg room thing?

I also would like to get more height with the seat. I saw one little mod of raising the front of the seat...clever. I haven't figured out which of the seat companies offers the most added height.

I'm not sure about for the OP, but for me moving the pegs back would be worse, not better. Hondas generally have pegs too close for my best comfort. I'm only 5'11" (only _barely_ taller than the average American male), but since the American market is a small portion of Honda's total sales, I suppose they design their bikes for the significantly shorter Asian males who are the majority of their customers.

I’m 6’1 35” inseam. I have the twisted throttle 30mm vario pegs. They do help. Not sure that I would do the 50mm as I’ve scraped the 30mm pegs. I also did the seat slope mod which helped a lot and added a layer of foam (used a yoga/exercise mat) to the stock seat. Between those mods I got it comfortable. The seat mod made as much difference as the lowered pegs. I tried the pegs angled back but then my heal caught on the side stand. Highway pegs were also a great addition so I can stretch out a bit. Currently I’m using off-road pegs and greatly missing the lowered pegs. I haven’t found a source for lowered off-road pegs.

I believe turbodiesel had his custom seat made an inch taller which helped him.

I’m 6’1 35” inseam. I have the twisted throttle 30mm vario pegs. They do help. Not sure that I would do the 50mm as I’ve scraped the 30mm pegs. I also did the seat slope mod which helped a lot and added a layer of foam (used a yoga/exercise mat) to the stock seat. Between those mods I got it comfortable. The seat mod made as much difference as the lowered pegs. I tried the pegs angled back but then my heal caught on the side stand. Highway pegs were also a great addition so I can stretch out a bit. Currently I’m using off-road pegs and greatly missing the lowered pegs. I haven’t found a source for lowered off-road pegs.

I believe turbodiesel had his custom seat made an inch taller which helped him.

You mention highway pegs............... I assume you have them attached to crash bars as opposed to the frame?

If You can still find a set of Buell Ulysses pegs, they work pretty well for about a 1.25" drop and a little extra width. I had them in a previous bike and was able to adapt them to the NC with a little time on a grinder and drilling out the hole to work with a sleeve that fit the Honda pin.
2414d1357703915-buell-ulysses-pegs-img_20130108_220047.jpg

I also would like to get more height with the seat. I saw one little mod of raising the front of the seat...clever. I haven't figured out which of the seat companies offers the most added height.

I'd agree withe PadrePoint. There are several custom seat builders that should be able to build up the seat a couple inches and you wouldn't have to deal with decreased ground clearance from the lowered pegs.

Bob

Back