• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front brake hose extension

• Thread starter Deleted member 11011
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11011

2018 NC750XD: To install handlebar risers (22mm up and back), there likely is a need to lengthen the hose. Several references in this forum name Voight as the supplier of such extensions. My question is, what model or size (3mm, 4mm) is the preferred one?

I'll be kind-a following along here as I just ordered and they're on their way to me, a pair of risers. Based on my recent inquiry on this forum concerning how much lift I can achieve WITHOUT ALTERING any cables or hydraulic lines. Altering them would not be a big deal. But getting to the routing and all that is a pain. Soooo, I'm following here.
Scott

Thanks for following - I'm sure we'll both learn something. BTW, you left a city with arguably the nicest weather on the planet for one of the hottest.

I got a custom braided line. Ended up doing 40" banjo fitting center to center to do a 6" rise. I used a 45 degree fitting on the lever side and 15 degree on the caliper side.

I don't recall the length of the stock line but it's in my garage somewhere. Those extensions look silly IMO, not sure what you'd gain with a horizontal extension and for that price. I'd rather spend $30-$50 on a line to your spec.

I got a custom braided line. Ended up doing 40" banjo fitting center to center to do a 6" rise. I used a 45 degree fitting on the lever side and 15 degree on the caliper side.

I don't recall the length of the stock line but it's in my garage somewhere. Those extensions look silly IMO, not sure what you'd gain with a horizontal extension and for that price. I'd rather spend $30-$50 on a line to your spec.
Like you, I got a custom made brake line about 10 years ago. I never heard of extensions, so have no knowledge or opinion on them.

Thanks for following - I'm sure we'll both learn something. BTW, you left a city with arguably the nicest weather on the planet for one of the hottest.
If you're referring to me, I'm yep, always learning something here. As for leaving the "nicest weather" city, well, yeah, you could say that. But, due to it being GREAT WEATHER and, great fun stuff like the beaches, the nearby mountains and deserts and all that, you attract TEN BAZILLION PEOPLE! Too much over governing, too high priced, too many people, too regulated, and more. It was time to leave. Yep, it does get a bit warm here for sure. Sometimes we stay here all summer and sometimes we head out for cooler spots with our combo of motorhome, truck and Goldwing or, motorhome, Africa Twin and Jeep, or ? Now, we'll have the option brining along the new NC with us, yahoooooooooooooooooo!
Scott

Back