• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front fork removal without centre stand ...

Gav567

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm about to take the forks out to do a leaky seal but do not have a centre stand
1f641.png
. Are there any issues with laying the 750x on her side (with protection on the floor) ? Am i likely to end up with a sticky oily mess everywhere ?

I'm about to take the forks out to do a leaky seal but do not have a centre stand
1f641.png
. Are there any issues with laying the 750x on her side (with protection on the floor) ? Am i likely to end up with a sticky oily mess everywhere ?
Any chance you could hang the front end of the bike from a beam, ceiling joist, even a tree limb?

Reactions: MZ5
...Are there any issues with laying the 750x on her side (with protection on the floor) ? Am i likely to end up with a sticky oily mess everywhere ?
I wouldn't do it. Rather, on a flat surface (garage, driveway) I would build a temporary 2-part platform, made of 2 pieces of 2'x4' plywood (1/2" - 3/4") resting on 2x4s. I would push the bike onto these platforms so that the front wheel is on one platform and the side stand and rear wheel on the other. I would tie the center and back with at least four tie-down straps to the rear platform. This way I could safely work on the front wheel. For balance, I would put my 9" plastic step stool under the engine.

I have left mine on the left side for an hour or so with no problems. Fired right up with no smoke or anything leaking. Similar to other suggestions you can build an A-frame hoist with a few pieces of wood and ratchet straps

Back