• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front Wheel Wobble

TN Thunder

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've searched the topic on this forum as well as others about front wheel wobble. Not really bad but noticeable at all speeds. Have varied tire pressure with no change. Took it to a bike shop this morning and had the front tire rebalanced. Riding back I did notice some improvement, less wobble. However, tire is now slightly scalloped so it will probably never go away. I purchased the 2014 NC with 1565 miles on it. Now over 3500 miles. It has Pirelli tires so don't know if it came with these or the previous owner changed them out. It also has a 2 Brothers performance muffler instead of the stock muffler. Bike handles great, stops great it just has that front wheel wobble. I've also checked the triple tree bolt and it is tight, no slack. So I am thinking it is just the tire. Wheel bearings are tight. The 2012 did not have the wobble but it didn't have the Pirelli tires either.

Any other suggestions other than replacing the tire?

It's the tire. They probably didn't have it balanced when they had the new one put on. Saved $25.
I had a Shadow like that, highway speeds were terrifying. I put up with it till I got rid of the bike. I just commuted on it and it didn't bother at around town speeds.

I had a Contimotion mounted and balanced at Cycle Gear. Wobbled for a thousand miles. Took it to Honda to have them do it and it balanced fine but still wobbled. Rode it for another 10k. Got new Contimotions and went straight to Honda to have them mount and balance and they were fine.
It's the tire. I suppose it happens sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back