• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Frunk Lid Vibration

rb1kinobie

Reaction score
Visit site
Does your Frunk lid (Faux Gas Tank) vibrate excessively over 4,000 RPM? Mine does! Any suggestions to put an end to this clatter?

I'm hearing a clicking sound on a bumping roads that's all. You can try to tight the screws that hold it, near the seat.

I have not noticed. I always have ear plugs in while riding.
I was riding with, the lid un-latched. I'm running the short wind screen in the low position. The lid never popped up, and it appeared stable when I would look down at speed. I have no more reason to ride with the lid un-latched since i installed my Flash to Pass garage door opener.

I have not noticed. I always have ear plugs in while riding.
I was riding with, the lid un-latched. I'm running the short wind screen in the low position. The lid never popped up, and it appeared stable when I would look down at speed. I have no more reason to ride with the lid un-latched since i installed my Flash to Pass garage door opener.

I forget to close that frunk ALLLL the time. Never popped open on me or anything ever as well.

Wrap a few layers of electrical tape around bottom the "U" shaped catch on the lid. Fits a little tighter when closing, but at least you don't hear the vibration.

I did not have my frunk properly latched leaving a gas station Monday, at about 45 mph I felt it hit my stomach. No harm done but I will be more careful in future. It can and has happened. Not first time I failed to properly close, just first time wind opened it.

If you want to open it quickly make a key with knob as shown in another thread. Great mod for under $10.

Mounting my Camera at trunk cover and realized about vibrations this way. Put some layers of bicycle tube near the u shaped lock part. Need some pressure to close lid. Reduced vibrations very good.
Phil

Back