• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Full rear fender on '21 NC750

Rydinon

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen aftermarket shorty fenders and slightly longer ones that mount at 3'oclock (near the shock) looking from the right side of the bike. I've also seen a short BMW style (my term for it) fender mounted at 9 o'clock (again looking from right side of bike). All of these aim to contain spray from the wheel.

Has anyone seen a full fender that would stretch from roughly the 3 to 9 o clock positions?

Last edited:
It certainty is fugly, but it may be very effective on wet roads.
I certainly like the bike, but I am not as enamored as some with the styling. Specifically, I think the rear of the bike wastes a lot of space and is, ahhhhh, less than aesthetically pleasing.

I certainly like the bike, but I am not as enamored as some with the styling. Specifically, I think the rear of the bike wastes a lot of space and is, ahhhhh, less than aesthetically pleasing.
I agree. The a$s in the air tail fender of the NC is less effective as a fender than bikes of old that had proper fenders. If nothing else, I think some of the air space above the rear wheel might have been used to make the fuel tank above it a half gallon larger.

I agree. The a$s in the air tail fender of the NC is less effective as a fender than bikes of old that had proper fenders. If nothing else, I think some of the air space above the rear wheel might have been used to make the fuel tank above it a half gallon larger.
Especially if the tank had been made deeper closer to the centerline of the bike. That would not have raised the cog very much at all.

I went with the GP Kompozit rear fender/ mudguard; however, I went with the "long rear fender mudguard" as opposed to their regular (short fender) model that looks about the same size as most other brands. I'm old school and remember when most sport bikes had fenders like this.... yes, I know I'm almost as old as dirt. I not only like the look a WHOLE lot better than the shorties I saw, but I'm willing to bet it will do a much better job keeping dirty water, road grime and other crap off of the rear shock and everything else back there. The chain guard design (no holes, very complicated, lol) will probably keep the majority of rain water and other road grime that gets flung up from the chain off of my back left pants leg also.

BTW, I had to cut those two little brake hose guides off of the OEM plastic guard. It's the only way to use them.... that old "two solid objects cannot occupy the same space" thing.

I didn't take pictures while installing the fender, just before and after. We all know what "before" looks like, so here is after: left side with mudguard (we used to call them chain guards in my day, but they were made of metal back then), right side, and a picture of the NC after the first day of mods to give a better view of the fender with the whole bike.

Attachments

• GP Kompozit rear fender - left side - small file size.jpg
    GP Kompozit rear fender - left side - small file size.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 18
  • GP Kompozit rear fender - right side - small file size.jpg
    GP Kompozit rear fender - right side - small file size.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 2024 NC750X after 1st Mods - small file size.jpg
    2024 NC750X after 1st Mods - small file size.jpg
    903.6 KB · Views: 18
I went with the GP Kompozit rear fender/ mudguard; however, I went with the "long rear fender mudguard" as opposed to their regular (short fender) model that looks about the same size as most other brands. I'm old school and remember when most sport bikes had fenders like this.... yes, I know I'm almost as old as dirt. I not only like the look a WHOLE lot better than the shorties I saw, but I'm willing to bet it will do a much better job keeping dirty water, road grime and other crap off of the rear shock and everything else back there. The chain guard design (no holes, very complicated, lol) will probably keep the majority of rain water and other road grime that gets flung up from the chain off of my back left pants leg also.

BTW, I had to cut those two little brake hose guides off of the OEM plastic guard. It's the only way to use them.... that old "two solid objects cannot occupy the same space" thing.

I didn't take pictures while installing the fender, just before and after. We all know what "before" looks like, so here is after: left side with mudguard (we used to call them chain guards in my day, but they were made of metal back then), right side, and a picture of the NC after the first day of mods to give a better view of the fender with the whole bike.
I also have a “9 to noon” hugger like that, but it’s effectiveness is limited as sand and rocks still end up on top of the hugger at the front of the swingarm. Like the OP, I wish for a full 9 o’clock to 3 o’clock fender option, like what is on my Ruckus. Not sure at this late stage in the NC life that I’d buy it, but it’d be nice to have a choice.

However, for those that take the NC in mud, any close fitting hugger is a bad idea.

As I have posted before those close fitting abbreviated huggers are useless for keeping the area in front the rear wheel clean and add the hugger itself as something else requiring cleaning. Looks are subjective and I grant that some owners like the look of a hugger. Hang a rubber flap from the existing fender at the flat section above the swing arm pivot. It keeps the wheel from flinging road muck against the shock and allows easy cleaning of the area. The fact that motorcycles get dirty ridden in the rain doesn't bother me. You could wrap the hole thing up in a tight fitting dustbin fairing and the motorcycle under it would get and remain filthy if ridden. Ask any fully fairing motorcycle owner.

As I have posted before those close fitting abbreviated huggers are useless for keeping the area in front the rear wheel clean and add the hugger itself as something else requiring cleaning. Ask any fully fairing motorcycle owner.
I'm more concerned about spray and dirt being kicked up by the wheel and covering the back of the bike/carrier and/or the rider. That's all. Hugger type fender? I don't particularly like how close it sits to the rear wheel for the reasons mentioned above. You know I owned an ST, and a VStrom. I've no complaints about the rear fenders on either of those bikes. They do what they are supposed to do as far as control splash and spray. Maybe my concerns are unfounded and maybe the dirt and mud never reach the rider, I admit I've not enough experience with this bike yet. But at least somebody else here complained about the rear wheel throwing up road debris and that is what I am trying to contain, esthetics aside.

My first bike was a '69 Triumph, and for better or worse, that, in my mind, is what a bike should look like. Today's styling making a motorcycle's front look like a mosquito's proboscis and the rear lofting to the heavens is not my cup of tea. But, I don't buy bikes based on their looks.

I'm more concerned about spray and dirt being kicked up by the wheel and covering the back of the bike/carrier and/or the rider. That's all. Hugger type fender? I don't particularly like how close it sits to the rear wheel for the reasons mentioned above. You know I owned an ST, and a VStrom. I've no complaints about the rear fenders on either of those bikes. They do what they are supposed to do as far as control splash and spray. Maybe my concerns are unfounded and maybe the dirt and mud never reach the rider, I admit I've not enough experience with this bike yet. But at least somebody else here complained about the rear wheel throwing up road debris and that is what I am trying to contain, esthetics aside.

My first bike was a '69 Triumph, and for better or worse, that, in my mind, is what a bike should look like. Today's styling making a motorcycle's front look like a mosquito's proboscis and the rear lofting to the heavens is not my cup of tea. But, I don't buy bikes based on their looks.
You know that I do have a few miles behind me on NCs, right, in the dry & in rain, and on wet muddy roads, right? I have a few miles on ST1300s and Goldwings for comparison and I have no issues with splash or spray on me or the NC. It's not something I can even remotely see being an issue. You ride in the rain you get wet but I don't have a skunk strip up the back from the rear wheel on the NC from dirty roads. The fender may not the asthetic ideal from 1965 but it does protect the rider. It falls short of protecting the rear shock but a rubber flap takes care of that. Same for the fender extender on the front fender. If you are unfortunate enough to ride in the rain in traffic there is spray everywhere from other vehicles. What do we do then?

IMG_0599.JPGIMG_0591.JPG

You know that I do have a few miles behind me on NCs, right,
Looking at your pictures, I think I'm all wet worrying about skunk stripes and spray from the rear wheel. Going to let my bike sit the way it is until I have a bunch of miles under the wheels - especially in the rain. Time will tell.

What rear carrier and what top case do you have pictured?

Thanks for your pics.

I would still like to know the reasoning for the styling of the rear end. Maybe as a platform for launching missiles?

I doubt it is going to leave skunk stripes as the rear end is more than long enough for that, especially with the license plate holder in place. Dirt sprays tangentially to the tire circumference so I don't think there is a way for it to meet your back.

The shape makes sense to me. If you carry a pillon and/or cargo on the back, you don't need a horizontal tube to hold the saddle (which would be subject to bending) but one downwards (to be subject to compression whereas the upper one will now be subject to tension). So that downwards tube takes the shortest path towards the suspension linkage. Adding anything below that lower tube would be possible, but it does require additional stiffening to keep it from vibrating as the support structure is only above it.

And yeah, for the styling indeed as they are marketing it in their "adventure" range of bikes (regardless of target audience).

Either way, mine doesn't have a rear fender so we'll see what happens in a couple of wet rides :).

Back