• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Garage Battery Maintainer

ColoradoRod

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently finished up the installation of a built-in battery maintainer in my garage. I've got an oversized 3 car garage that only has a 2 car sized garage door. I pull the cars in far enough that I can park motorcycles where the 3rd car would go if I had a 3rd garage door.

My motorcycles tend to sit unused during the Colorado winter months, so I usually do my best to keep the batteries topped off via an automatic battery maintainer. I recently built a closet for my lawn equipment at the front of my garage, so while the wall was accessible, I installed some PVC and a wall box for a multi-station battery maintainer.

I installed BMW/Hella recepticals in a double gang wall box and will fabricate patch cords to connect my motorcycles to the wall outlet. The 4th port from the charger is routed inside my lawn equipment closet to keep the snowblower battery charged in the summer and the lawn mower battery topped off in the winter.

Fun stuff and not ridiculously expensive if you're capable of DIYing.

IMG_4685.jpg
The big PVC pipe to the right is a central vac outlet... I figured while I was at it, I might as well!

IMG_4688.jpg
I added a few power receptacles inside the wall box.

IMG_5598.jpg
The 4-way battery charger/maintainer

IMG_5594.jpg
Connections at the backside of the wall plate

IMG_5596.jpg
The [more or less] finished product. I'll add labels, but I'm probably going to swap out the plate to a grey color to match the rest of the garage.

Back