• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi Trekker 33's

SilverPelican

Reaction score
Visit site
They finally arrived today. I picked these out because they come off and on the bike easily and can open as either luggage or a saddle bag by means of double-sided latches.

Each bag came with 2 keys. All 4 keys appear to be the same (as expected). There is also a package with an additional tumbler and two keys which I assume you use if for some reason you do not want the bags keyed the same.

Each bag also comes with a package of 4 rubber "feet". I found two holes on the bottom of each bag but they seem way too small for the feet unless they are drilled out or perhaps pounded in with a rubber mallet.

Pictures were taken near the end of the day so the sun wasn't the best. We had a down pour on Friday and I see there are still plenty of places that need to be cleaned. I also threw in a photo of the SW Motech engine guards.

Attachments

• WP_000253.jpg
    WP_000253.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,832
  • WP_000254.jpg
    WP_000254.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,205
  • WP_000258.jpg
    WP_000258.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 4,310
  • WP_000259.jpg
    WP_000259.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 2,514
  • WP_000260.jpg
    WP_000260.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,179
  • WP_000261.jpg
    WP_000261.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,236
  • WP_000262.jpg
    WP_000262.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,216
Each bag came with 2 keys. All 4 keys appear to be the same (as expected). There is also a package with an additional tumbler and two keys which I assume you use if for some reason you do not want the bags keyed the same.

I got the same thing with my Givi V35's. I think the tumbler and keys are so you can re-key a top case to use the same keys as the side cases (in keeping with the "monokey" theme.

Each bag also comes with a package of 4 rubber "feet". I found two holes on the bottom of each bag but they seem way too small for the feet unless they are drilled out or perhaps pounded in with a rubber mallet.

Try wetting them with dishwashing detergent and pushing the bulb through the hole with a small flat blade screwdriver.

They finally arrived today. I picked these out because they come off and on the bike easily and can open as either luggage or a saddle bag by means of double-sided latches.

Pictures were taken near the end of the day so the sun wasn't the best. We had a down pour on Friday and I see there are still plenty of places that need to be cleaned. I also threw in a photo of the SW Motech engine guards.
They look very good. By the way, what seat or mods to the seat have you installed. It looks quite different than my stock seat.

Could you post how much you paid for both saddles, with any necessary attachements? Those look great and it may be something I ask my wife for Xmas.

Could you post how much you paid for both saddles, with any necessary attachements? Those look great and it may be something I ask my wife for Xmas.

Givi PL1111 Tubular Panier Holder $199.00 Solo Moto Parts
Givi Trekker Monokey Luggage Case (pair) 33L $576 ($608.62 with shipping) Twisted Throttle
Givi 1111KIT Engine Guards for NC700X (please see below) $40 ($48.05 with shipping) Solo Moto Parts

Ok, this looks like a mess. Let me straighten it out. I ordered all of this about 1-1/2 months ago and I really hope more places are carrying them soon. I also think Givi could do a better job on their web site explaining what you need for what.

I ordered the bags through Twisted Throttle because they were the cheapest I could find but if I recall correctly they didn't have everything else.

The third item is the NC700x specific brackets to attach the first item to the bike but is wrongly listed at Solo Moto Parts with the correct part number but described incorrectly as engine guards. Thus, I've listed the incorrect description above. They also sell Givi engine guards with the same photo and description but they sell closer to $200. I emailed the company about their problem and I felt like I was in a restaurant asking what kinds of pie they had while they kept telling me the soup of the day was minestrone. They assured me if there were any problems I could just return them so I ordered them and received the correct thing.

The bags feel very sturdy and could possibly outlast my riding career. If you want the top box as well I **think** instead of ordering the 1111KIT you need to order 1111FZ which are the arms that will hold the top plate and already have the parts included from 1111KIT. You will also need to order a separate top plate to attach to those arms.

I've dealt with Twisted Throttle before and they DO charge shipping for Givi products. Sport Adventure Touring Motorcycle Accessories and Gear - Sport Tour Ltd. sells Givi but doesn't charge shipping on most Givi items as Givi drop ships most items. I highly recommend SportTour due to buying a Givi rack that did not fit. They made it right with no hassle. A good friend had a similar problem with Twisted Throttle and had a bad experience.

I've dealt with Twisted Throttle before and they DO charge shipping for Givi products. Sport Adventure Touring Motorcycle Accessories and Gear - Sport Tour Ltd. sells Givi but doesn't charge shipping on most Givi items as Givi drop ships most items. I highly recommend SportTour due to buying a Givi rack that did not fit. They made it right with no hassle. A good friend had a similar problem with Twisted Throttle and had a bad experience.

I agree with your customer service assessment of Twisted Throttle. I haven't tried SportTour, but both Revzilla > Street & Sportbike Jackets, Gear & Helmets - RevZilla and Solo Motoparts > SoloMotoParts.com - Motorcycle Parts, Accessories and Gear also have free shipping and good customer service.

I didn't go with Solo Moto or Revzilla for the bags because even with free shipping, they charge full retail and it still worked out I was saving a little money. I'm glad for the feedback though. Down the road, I will need more accessories and most of the companies I have dealt with in the past specialize in cruisers.

I see Sport Adventure Touring offers the bags at the same discounted price I paid plus free shipping. I don't see any place where you can buy the bags as a matched pair yet though. If you go looking for the racks they don't have our bike listed yet. This is some of the frustration I had to deal with finding these bags and why I hope more companies either pick them up or pick them up better. A phone call to your favorite web store might get you what you want despite the stock shown on the web.

I didn't go with Solo Moto or Revzilla for the bags because even with free shipping, they charge full retail and it still worked out I was saving a little money. I'm glad for the feedback though. Down the road, I will need more accessories and most of the companies I have dealt with in the past specialize in cruisers.

I see Sport Adventure Touring offers the bags at the same discounted price I paid plus free shipping. I don't see any place where you can buy the bags as a matched pair yet though. If you go looking for the racks they don't have our bike listed yet. This is some of the frustration I had to deal with finding these bags and why I hope more companies either pick them up or pick them up better. A phone call to your favorite web store might get you what you want despite the stock shown on the web.

The racks were not listed when I bought mine, but they were able to order them for me anyway (Revzilla).

Now I can tell you about the Givi Trekker 33 liter bags. I have managed to drop them in about every position known to mankind. I have scratched them, I have dented in the aluminum, I have crashed at about 65 mph on impact, dropped them so many times in parking lots that they think that this the normal parking position, yet they keep on ticking without a single leak!

Love the top open position for my tools. This way don't have tools all over the parking lot. Another feature is bags on and bags off. Front tire in air, rear tire in air. Great for changing tires.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Very satisfied camper here!

Good to know that you fully tested out the trekker 33 side cases.
I am still on the border line about getting side cases.

choices are: trekker 33, or e21 or nothing.

Ken

I ride 100 miles a day 5 days a week with these bags. I've been through a few storms and have found no leakage. The only time water gets in is when I open them and there is still water on the recessed latch area. I'm going to get the next size up for a top case since I seem to take everything and the kitchen sink with me. I can't say enough good things about these cases.

Can anyone estimate the weight of the Trekkers and mount setup (not including the top case)? All my research about the aluminum setups (Trax and Globescout) for this bike have been around 40 lbs. I would like to keep weight down as much as possible but still have a set of durable panniers.

Back