• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got it narrowed down to 2 exhausts, help me decide

Jut8

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have my exhaust choices narrowed down to 2 slip on's, either the DanMoto XG-1, or the Delkevic Trioval SS 13" setup. My reason for changing the exhaust is purely to get more noise out of the bike, its just too quiet for me, i realize there will not be a big performance gain. I would love the IXIL dual setup, but i cant bring myself to spend that much simply for noise and some nice looks, but $100-200ish seems reasonable for some noise and minor weight savings.

So where I am at, I love the sound of the Danmoto, all the sound clips just sound mean and nasty....i dig it! I cant find an exact sound clip of the 13" trioval setup, but I imagine its very similar to the 13" SS oval setup, which sounds good, but quite as mean/loud. Looks wise, I dig the look of the trioval slightly better than the danmoto, i like the style of the danmoto, just wish the ends were a bit thicker like the ixil setup.

One last consideration is that I just ordered some side cases, they have not come in yet, but i got Givi Monokey side racks, and a set of Kappa K33N side cases, i know the delkevic will keep the exhaust well enough away from the cases, anyone running the danmoto with side cases? not sure if the heat might be shot right into them, and possibly melt them?

One final item is the center stand, i do not have one, but might want one down the road, i know you need to add the center stand stop to the danmoto, how about the delkevic, I cant find any info on that.

Thanks in advance from a newbie! (had the nc for 3 full days now and have racked up 576 miles on her so far!)

I have a Danmoto JISU Black pipe and love it. Not too keen on the duel pipe look so that one would be out for me./QUOTE]

I do like the look of that....is it loud like the XG-1 danmoto?

Yea with no baffle it has a nice deep rumble and a bark if you crack the throttle. THE NC is not a loud bike even with No muffler, so I think you will find that almost any slip on with No baffle will sound almost the same. maybe a pipe with a little less baffle volume would have a more metallic snappy sound, but the general sound of this twin is deep and thumpie.

Yes, the world is too peaceful a place. It needs more noise. Especially if it can be purchased so reasonably. Incredible.

I would usually agree with you in thinking that a noisy motorcycle is annoying and disrespectful. I hear the sport bike crowd riding in 1st gear until 14K just to create that awful racket that reverberates around the land. but the NC700x is such a quiet bike that a more open exhaust is not that awful. With my non baffled DanMoto I can start the bike at 4:45am and bother no one. The bike has a nice low rumble that I find is very pleasing to the ears. And it's never "LOUD". so I do not like loud raspy annoying mufflers on bikes, but a nice growl is not awful in any way. IMHO.

Yes, the world is too peaceful a place. It needs more noise. Especially if it can be purchased so reasonably. Incredible.

Well, we are all Incredible people! The great thing about any bike is once we own it, we can do whatever we want to it, and different people like different things, thats what makes the so great. The loud pipes save lives debate has gone on forever, and will continue to, can we agree that neither side will ever win that one? My reasoning is not just to make more noise to be annoying, its for 2 purposes. One I like being able to hear my bike on the highway, shifting off of engine sound and feel together, right now, i can even hear the bike on the highway, i go purely off the gauge cluster. The other reason is that I would like people around me on the highway to hear me....to many of my family and friends have been hit on bikes, I dont see the harm in being clearly heard on seen while riding the moto. Like others have said, its like I am doing this to rip around town in first get at max RPM, but to each their own.

Last edited:
If you don't wear ear protection when you ride, you will eventually hear nothing but the ring of tinnitus. If you do wear ear protection, you will not hear your fancy exhaust anyway. Your ability to "do anything you want with it" assumes that you have a right somehow to force what you "want" onto other people. The debate will continue so long as inconsiderate people exist, which is to say forever. You can choose to be an ambassador for our hobby by working to minimize the impact that you have on others, or you can say "to hell with it, I will do whatever I want and the children and sissies can cover their ears or go where I am not riding."

Apparently you have chosen, as have I.

Great, then we agree to disagree. Its funny, I can hear the engine sound on all 3 of my other bikes, with a full face helmet on....never wore any ear protection beyond that. 2 of the 3 bikes I own besides the NC have stock OEM exhaust, while the other has an aftermarket setup. Should I not wear hi-vis colors while riding so I dont force people to see me? I would hate to have them be forced to see me or hear me when they decide to switch lanes without using a turn signal and distract them from their texting while driving. Please feel free to judge me due to my exhaust, you obviously a better than me.....you have bmw logo(sorry, had to toss that in there) am not here to argue with anyone, just posting a question looking for some help in deciding between 2 different setups. Not forcing anything on anyone.

Lets face it loud exhaust if a first world problem, if thats really at the top of your agenda, you have a pretty good life :)

Nothing wrong with wanting a little sound out of your bike, especially if it's as mild as what the NC puts out.

It's not like your neighbors won't be able to hear their TVs or birds will fall from the skies or even someone right next to your bike won't be able to hear you talk.

I have the same slip-on that SleepyC posted and it's not obnoxious even when you rev it way up. I can't imagine the XG-1 being any louder than mine, which has no baffle (Incredible, huh? :D).

As far as the heat goes, I don't think there's enough temp to be concerned with.

Should I not wear hi-vis colors while riding so I dont force people to see me?

That's not quite a fair comparison. If hi-vis colors annoyed anyone, they only need look away. On the other hand, the only escape from loud pipes is to put great distance between us and them. Even plugging the ears won't make it stop because low frequencies are heard through the bones of the skull. I have, on many occasions, had to adjust my speed or alter my route to avoid the exhausts of certain other noise enhanced motorcycles. And if I'm a bystander, I have to halt my conversations and grit my teeth until the annoyance of the pipes moves on. Even as a motorcyclist, I can't think of a much more annoying sound than loud motorcycle exhaust, and I'm pretty sure the general population feels the same way. I'm sad that many people look down upon the sport that I enjoy because of those who have made it a public annoyance.

I was chastised in the past for speaking out against loud pipes on, of all places, a motorcycle forum. But, I'm entitled to state my view, and well, there it is.

Last edited:
That's not quite a fair comparison. If hi-vis colors annoyed anyone, they only need look away. On the other hand, the only escape from loud pipes is to put great distance between us and them. Even plugging the ears won't make it stop because low frequencies are heard through the bones of the skull. I have, on many occasions, had to adjust my speed or alter my route to avoid the exhausts of certain other noise enhanced motorcycles. And if I'm a bystander, I have to halt my conversations and grit my teeth until the annoyance of the pipes moves on. Even as a motorcyclist, I can't think of a much more annoying sound than loud motorcycle exhaust, and I'm pretty sure the general population feels the same way. I'm sad that many people look down upon the sport that I enjoy because of those who have made it a public annoyance.

I was chastised in the past for speaking out against loud pipes on, of all places, a motorcycle forum. But, I'm entitled to state my view, and well, there it is.

Again, I agree with you, I hate straight pipe Harleys, and rattle can Sport bikes.. but is the NC THAT loud with a slip on? I mean I really find it not loud at all. I can ride down the street and it bothers no one. I have had my friend ride my bike and it's not loud at all, and would not interrupt anyone at a distance of 5 feet, UNLESS I was at 7K and buried deep into the throttle, but even the stock can at 7K whizzing by would be loud...

I guess I personally think the NC can't really be made to be obnoxious. but again that's just MO.

Like I said, first world problems, our lives are so good that we can argue about this ;)

Lets all go out for a ride and enjoy ourselves, and be friends.

Last edited:
Again, I agree with you, I hate straight pipe Harleys, and rattle can Sport bikes.. but is the NC THAT loud with a slip on? I mean I really find it not loud at all. I can ride down the street and it bothers no one. I have had my friend ride my bike and it's not loud at all, and would not interrupt anyone at a distance of 5 feet, UNLESS I was at 7K and buried deep into the throttle, but even the stock can at 7K whizzing by would be loud...

I guess I personally think the NC can't really be made to be obnoxious. but again that's just MO.

I can accept that not all slip-ons are too loud, but the OP used the term "more noise", so I'm writing my opinion in that context. On the sliding scale ranging from quiet to obnoxiously loud exhaust, I guess no matter who you are and how loud your pipe is, you put yourself below that arbitrary threshold of what is considered by you as too loud. I almost always read that an owner hates loud exhausts in general, but their particular louder-than-stock exhaust is OK.

Fair enough!

Everyone has personal standards.. but I bet we can all agree a straight pipe Harley is OBNOXIOUS! :D

But, I'll wager that even the straight pipe Harley guy thinks his bike sounds good, and that it's not "too loud", like some others. You're right; every rider has their personal standards, and so do the other people we must share the world with.

Last edited:
But, I'll wager that even the straight pipe Harley guy thinks his bike sounds good, and that it's not "too loud", like some others. You're right; everyone rider has their personal standards, and so do the other people we must share the world with.

In a similar vein I am always amazed that a guy can reduce his brake lights by 50% and think to himself, "That looks cool, I LIKE it!"

1.JPG2.JPG

More tickets please!

I am thankful for the original post ...

not because the noted exhaust will make noise,
but because it looks good (to me) and doesn't cost a lot...

Thanks for the tip.

Being one of the louts with a noisier aftermarket muffler on my NC, I cannot in good conscience, fault the "we want everything to only make acceptable sounds" crowd, but for sure it is a slippery slope when you start down this path of personal opinion, and what sounds "good" versus "bad" to each one of us.

Everyone knows a cell phone going off in a movie theatre is absolutely annoying and anger provoking, right?

Same with talking during the movie. Also huge faux pas, which garners much wrath. All of us want those people to stfu.

Whispering. Yup, quieter, less intrusive, but you still want to reach over and smack the person if you are within earshot, right?

Okay, but now what about chewing? Has no one ever sat beside a hideously annoying munching and crunching chip or popcorn eater, during a show? Super gross and distracting!

Loud breathers. I can't be the only person on the planet who's skin crawls when suffering a wheezing or nose whistling patron that you can't get away from, sitting right next to me. Constant coughers. Incessant snifflers. *hooooonk* nose blowers.

Don't even get me started on stinking perfumes and colognes! Or people who don't shower at all before going out.

Eventually you can break down *anything* to the point where it can be personally insufferable to some, yet completely ok to others.

The point I'm vaguely trying to make, is sounds that bother others can be both objective and subjective- it all depends on how many people are annoyed at any given time, I guess.

In a similar vein I am always amazed that a guy can reduce his brake lights by 50% and think to himself, "That looks cool, I LIKE it!"

View attachment 33585View attachment 33586

More tickets please!

Brake Lights are for SISSIES.
IF YOU'RE NOT MAN ENOUGH TO TAKE A FULL SPEED REAR ENDING, YOU DON'T DESERVE A TRUCK!!!
(sarcasm incase you're daft)

Back