• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got it narrowed down to 2 exhausts, help me decide

So I have my exhaust choices narrowed down to 2 slip on's, either the DanMoto XG-1, or the Delkevic Trioval SS 13" setup. My reason for changing the exhaust is purely to get more noise out of the bike, its just too quiet for me, i realize there will not be a big performance gain. I would love the IXIL dual setup, but i cant bring myself to spend that much simply for noise and some nice looks, but $100-200ish seems reasonable for some noise and minor weight savings.

So where I am at, I love the sound of the Danmoto, all the sound clips just sound mean and nasty....i dig it! I cant find an exact sound clip of the 13" trioval setup, but I imagine its very similar to the 13" SS oval setup, which sounds good, but quite as mean/loud. Looks wise, I dig the look of the trioval slightly better than the danmoto, i like the style of the danmoto, just wish the ends were a bit thicker like the ixil setup.

One last consideration is that I just ordered some side cases, they have not come in yet, but i got Givi Monokey side racks, and a set of Kappa K33N side cases, i know the delkevic will keep the exhaust well enough away from the cases, anyone running the danmoto with side cases? not sure if the heat might be shot right into them, and possibly melt them?

One final item is the center stand, i do not have one, but might want one down the road, i know you need to add the center stand stop to the danmoto, how about the delkevic, I cant find any info on that.

Thanks in advance from a newbie! (had the nc for 3 full days now and have racked up 576 miles on her so far!)

See what you started?! :D

Next time ask which oil is better or what handgun caliber is best, so we don't leave anyone out of the argument that will ensue.

I have the Danmoto XG-1, and I like a lot about it. I like the sound, the look, and most of all the price. I don't have a center stand or side cases though, sorry can't help you there...

I bought the two brothers on #2 daughter's NC700X sounds great. Not obnoxious. For #1 daughter's NC700XD bought the DanMoto slip on exhaust (GP). Sounds good. Put the baffle in it and I think it gives it a slightly deeper tone. She loves it too. Gives both bikes a little growl. I can take short video clips of both if you want me to.
And yes I hate loud Harleys to and sport bikes. I have a CBR 1100XX, Goldwings and a ST1300A. The ST will never growl but the CBR 1100XX does as it has DanMoto slip on exhaust system. Not sure yet if I will keep it but it has a nice tone with my ear plugs in. To each his own.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fair enough!

Everyone has personal standards.. but I bet we can all agree a straight pipe Harley is OBNOXIOUS! :D

To do my part and add more infomation off topic...South Park does a nice episode on loud motorcycles called The F Word...resume regular scheduled programming...

Back