• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got my Puig windscreen

robnpat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Stopped by my Honda dealer on my way home from work and picked up my Puig Dark Smoke windscreen. I removed my CalSci Sport and installed the Puig. It looks a lot better than the CalSci, but will wait until tomorrow to try it out. I have it on the lower mount; depending on how well it does on a ride, I may move it up to the top mount. I would much rather have the Light Smoke, but they had no idea when it would be in; still, I like the look of it. I may put my CalSci up for sale (including adapters) soon.

WP_20130524_002.jpg

WP_20130524_003.jpg

Also took the BRC2 course last Saturday. I really needed help/practice on slow U-turns and other slow maneuvers; I think I did well (I didn't drop my bike :rolleyes: )...I may take that course every 2 years just to keep up my skills and learn new things.

WP_20130518_002.jpg

WP_20130518_001.jpg

You can save $$ by practising all the stuff you learned regularly at a big, empty parking lot

You can save $$ by practising all the stuff you learned regularly at a big, empty parking lot

Sure. If you have someone to watch and correct you with proper techniques it's even better. Plus with the properly laid layout and the opportunity to exchange ideas and see how other learners doing is priceless.

Sure. If you have someone to watch and correct you with proper techniques it's even better. Plus with the properly laid layout and the opportunity to exchange ideas and see how other learners doing is priceless.

My techniques were not very good, so it was nice having the RiderCoach correcting me, and thus making me feel more comfortable. I still need lots of practice, but I do feel better doing it. I'll still probably take the BRC2 again just to make sure I don't develop bad habits

Robnpat, my wife and I taught these classes until two years ago. We would always get guys who would go through a class every spring just to get the "cobwebs" off before the riding season here in Washington State. They thought it was time and money well spent!

Steve

How much does the class cost for you guys? Here it's $200 for the BRC. There is no BRC2 offered, but there is an ERC (Experienced Rider Course). It's the BRC but with your own bike. I think that class is $80-100. That is a lot of money for me to spend on a few hours of riding around a parking lot, at least right now in life...:(

How much does the class cost for you guys? Here it's $200 for the BRC. There is no BRC2 offered, but there is an ERC (Experienced Rider Course). It's the BRC but with your own bike. I think that class is $80-100. That is a lot of money for me to spend on a few hours of riding around a parking lot, at least right now in life...:(

I have taken ERC and recommend it. It is 1 day and mostly on bike. Not many things new over BRC, but good reinforcement and correction of bad habits picked up.

The ERC is now called BRC2. My course cost $110. Expensive, but it was worth it to me since it helped me on some problem areas that I probably wouldn't have figured out by myself without dropping my bike

I'm curious as to why you switched from the CalSci Sport to the Puig? Was it simply the aesthetics or does it actually function better?

Dan,

I like the looks of the Puig better. I just got back from my first ride with the Puig, and I really can't tell too much difference in wind protection between my CalSci and the Puig. I had it up to 65mph, and I didn't feel any buffeting or turbulence; I thought I would since it is smaller than my CalSci but was very surprised in how it did. For now, it is staying on my bike.

Thanks for the response. I'm beginning to think a guy could go broke adding all the mods on a bike. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't just starting back into riding again, but I also need to get all the riding gear as well. It's beginning to look like owning a motorcycle is about like what I've heard about owning boats, except that I think being on two wheels is a lot more fun.

This is my first bike, and I really enjoy it. I have yet to do any long rides, but commuting to work and back (80 mile round trip) is fun. I can't wait to get my seat from Seat Concepts

Thanks for the response. I'm beginning to think a guy could go broke adding all the mods on a bike. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't just starting back into riding again, but I also need to get all the riding gear as well. It's beginning to look like owning a motorcycle is about like what I've heard about owning boats, except that I think being on two wheels is a lot more fun.

If you were to get a boat I'd bet that you would come to two conclusions. First, boats can be a lot of fun too. Second, boats are generally a few thousand percent more expensive than the motorcycle. :)

Bob

I do the BRC at least once a month, as instructor, and the ERC every two months, keeps me on my toes. Rode to Clarkco State Park in Meridan, MS today over two hundred miles and got 77.75 mpg going up and 72mpg coming back a lot fast.

Back