• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windscreens, OEM and Puig Touring

• Thread starter Deleted member 11011
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11011

Hello All, I reviewed much of windscreen discussion on this forum and didn't find an answer. My 2018 XD came with the short OEM screen and the wind (and bugs) hit my chest, so I tried a Puig Touring Screen and it works just fine for my 6', 30" inseam frame. Wind and bugs hit the very top of my helmet and no buffeting is felt. The nature of this thread is the screen leans a few degrees to the left as if the bike had been severely dropped. Or something. Both screens are affected. Removing the necessary plastic for access to the "Meter Stay" (part of the mounting surface), the stay and its four bolts appear sound and the frame appears straight. But the stay is still off to the left. Don't believe the windscreen itself is tweaked. A suggestion I found (for changing he angle of the screen) may have some merit if I were to shim one side of the mounting surface so the screen is straight. I took the bike to a Honda dealer and was told there was nothing wrong. Hmm. Maybe not, but the windscreens are still a bit crooked. Comments welcomed. LeeB

Back