• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got one!

ST/SV

Reaction score
Visit site
I joined this site back in Oct to find out more about these machines. Finally bit the bullet and picked up a new '13 Red NC700 six speed yesterday. Really would have rather had a NC750 but don't want to wait to see if they will ever come to the U.S. I'm retired and old and don't have the patience to wait and see and would rather be riding now. Anyway, I've been ordering farkles all day today to get it better fit for what I want. So now count me in as an Owner!

Congrats! As a former owner of an FJR1300, what's your take on the ST1300 vs Concours1400. Which one do prefer for day to day riding.

Congratulations.

Have you gone on your first ride yet?
Well I rode it 15 miles home from the dealer and another 15 today. Let my son take it for a little ride. He actually bought my '12 Ninja 1000 that I sold to get it. Lot of my friends think I'm crazy but I didn't need all that power and the ergos are better for me on the NC. He even said "That's not as bad as I thought it would be". :D

I joined this site back in Oct to find out more about these machines. Finally bit the bullet and picked up a new '13 Red NC700 six speed yesterday. Really would have rather had a NC750 but don't want to wait to see if they will ever come to the U.S. I'm retired and old and don't have the patience to wait and see and would rather be riding now. Anyway, I've been ordering farkles all day today to get it better fit for what I want. So now count me in as an Owner!

Congrats- bought mine in December and have 700 miles on it just riding locally. Love it !

Congrats! As a former owner of an FJR1300, what's your take on the ST1300 vs Concours1400. Which one do prefer for day to day riding.
Love both these bikes. Got them both new. Actually neither for day to day riding, that's why I bought the NC. I don't care to ride them here in Houston unless I'm using them to get out of town on a trip. I actually have the Concours with me in Houston but have a small place at the lake I keep the ST. The ST is a heavy bike and it is getting hard for me just to move it around in the garage. My oldest son also has a Connie and we have taken a long trip every year for the last 5 years, July we went up to Montana, Oregon and Washington. If I had to give up one it would be the ST, simply for the weight, but I think the ST has more quality even for it's older design. My wife actually likes the ST better. She has made a trip to Illinois with me and a couple to Alabama. My youngest son had an '04 FJR and it was similar to both of these but the ST just seemed smoother, more solid, more quality but a lot heavier. That new '14 FJR looks nice though.

Love both these bikes. Got them both new. Actually neither for day to day riding, that's why I bought the NC. I don't care to ride them here in Houston unless I'm using them to get out of town on a trip. I actually have the Concours with me in Houston but have a small place at the lake I keep the ST. The ST is a heavy bike and it is getting hard for me just to move it around in the garage. My oldest son also has a Connie and we have taken a long trip every year for the last 5 years, July we went up to Montana, Oregon and Washington. If I had to give up one it would be the ST, simply for the weight, but I think the ST has more quality even for it's older design. My wife actually likes the ST better. She has made a trip to Illinois with me and a couple to Alabama. My youngest son had an '04 FJR and it was similar to both of these but the ST just seemed smoother, more solid, more quality but a lot heavier. That new '14 FJR looks nice though.

6.jpg

I am overly happy, happy, happy for you and me! Now send me a private message (I live near Houston) and we will go for a ride.

smileyHappyEyes.jpg

Last edited:
congrats on your new bike.
you'll be fine with it wouldn't worry to much about the 750.
not much again in power on the 750 a few horse's more isn't going to set the world alight.
though some will swear big improvement on this 'n' that.
the grass is always greener on the other side no matter what you buy...
I've got the 700 dct and I'm very happy with it ,like you I've had faster bikes blah blah.;)
opinions are like 'R' holes every body has one me inc but I know best
sheepish-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif

Congratulations, you will enjoy the real low cog. I now run into the problem of forgetting to put my feet down even when I stop in traffic, as I've found if only for a couple seconds at stop sign I never put feet down. I know some officer will take an exception to my really not fully stopped for 3 seconds rolling stop sign move but it is so well balanced it is effort to put your foot down. If you make it to San Antonio holler and we'll compare farkles, no where as good as OCR's but lots.

Good call and welcome. No need to buy a 750 there just is not that much of a difference. I also knew Honda was going to build a 750 as well before I bought but wanted the cheap one and could care less about the 750 especially the increased price tag. I know how Honda USA does things though and knew if I was going to wait for the 750 it would be a long wait. I am very happy with the bike. After buying my bike in October with 26 miles on it I already have a little over 1800 miles on it. Its a great motorcycle and is the best commuting motorcycle I have ever had and one of my favorites as well power is not everything suits me perfect for what it was built for.

Sent from my lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your new bike! You may not but I remember when you PM'd me on the ST-O forum about my NC700X. That must have been about a year and a half ago. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. It's going to throb a lot different than the Versys.

Back