• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from Qatar

VersusAllOdds

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Proud to be a part of the NC700 family.

I bought NC700X in a pristine condition (19500km=12000mi) from an expat here in Qatar. This is my first bike, and the first time I ever rode one (I'm 28, and come from Serbia). Still getting the ropes, and I'm not confident to go into heavy traffic (it's crazy over here), so I stay in my neighborhood.

Unfortunately, I cannot upload the pics right now, but I will keep you posted on my new pet :)

I already have a shopping list, and would like some pointers:

-1- A new, enlarged windshield/screen. (I'm 6'3, and even though I haven't went over 90km/h, I have read plenty of wind problems for taller drivers at higher speeds).
-2- Gear indicator. I really need it, particularly now that I'm still inexperienced. (I'm not new to manual gear shifting, been driving manual cars for years, but I'm new to bikes!).
-3- Baggage bag. I'd prefer a silver looking one.
-4- That grill that protects from flying rocks. I need it because I plan to offroad quite a bit.
-5- Heated grips.
-6- New helmet. Already have one, it's fine, but I want a better looking one, and to keep the one I have for my partner.
-7- New jacket. Don't have one at all!

For points 1, 2, 4, 5, I'd prefer a Chinese manufactured products, given that shipping is free and it's considerably cheaper.

So that's me :) I'm happy meet you guys. Any pointers are welcome - I'm still a beginner so everything is helpful.

Welcome. Everyone starts as a beginner. You picked a great bike to start on and obviously know what you're looking for in changes and additions. Best of luck in your riding.

Hi, from Atlanta, GA.
" I'm not confident to go into heavy traffic (it's crazy over here), so I stay in my neighborhood."

That's what I did in the beginning- avoid traffic as much as possible, including major highways.
Other than traffic, your n'hood must be awesome from what I've seen on TV, occasionally.

Hi from so cal. Been to Qatar back in 2006 in August! That’s when I learned about what hot and humidity is.

As for your windshield, it’s going to have to come from US, Madstad is by far the best solution. Not sure if you need heated grips over there!!! Think most you can source from China. There is a guy on Facebook that sells a lot of accessories from HK. I’ll try to find his link for you.

Edit: search snake Ming nc shop on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back