• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings From Sun Valley, CA, U.S.A.

Brillot2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

I am 27-year riding veteran and have been riding on the street since 1987 at the age of 14. My first bike was a 1966 Honda S90, which was Red.

I recently purchased "My First Brand New Motorcycle" back on February 28, 2014, which was a Honda NC700XD with the DCT. Here's a link to my album, http://nc700-forum.com/forum/members/brillot2000-albums-brillot2000-nc700xd.html.

For months, I looking at the NC700X. A friend of mine had access to both the Manual Trans and DCT, which he let me ride both of them. After riding the "DCT", I was "SOLD" that this was the model I wanted. The fact that I'm engineer, I saw value in this system. Also watching weeks after weeks of videos on YouTube of reviews of this bike and system helped seal the deal too...

I currently a 1975 CB360T, which I restored myself and owned for nearly 10 years and a 2004 ST1300 Non-ABS model with over 73,000 miles on it. Both of these bikes are fun to ride and each has their intended purpose. The NC700X will fit nicely into my arsenal and fill the gap between these two great bikes.

I bought 13 Honda Accessories for this bike, which is nearly all of them. I decided against the saddlebags, but went of the truck instead. I also bought several aftermarket accessories, such as Cee Bailey Extended windshield, Front fender extender, rear wheel hugger, radiator guard, and Barkbuster. To create the "Ultimate Commuter Bike". You be the judge... :D

IMG_2348.jpg

Take Care,

Bruce B.
Sun Valley, CA
2013 NC700XD
2004 ST1300
1975 CB360T

Welcome from Oregon. Looks like you are off to a great beginning with your new NC. Enjoy.

Welcome (from a former S.F. Valley resident myself & former ST1300 owner) to the forum.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum. It is an awesome commuter bike. I run around Little Rock Arkansas everyday making my way through lots of traffic and this bike is perfect for the job. I almost exclusively use the bike for commuting. I have both saddlebags and trunk but if I was to only choose one I would have went the same route you did. I see you have a light bar. I have a set of road lights added which I keep on all the time. Gives me an added sense of security hoping other drivers will spot me. I also see you have a center stand. Don't have to tell you how handy those are. Do you plan to mount a phone or GPS? Nice looking bike and you have a great start on pimping her out.

I almost exclusively use the bike for commuting. I have both saddlebags and trunk but if I was to only choose one I would have went the same route you did. I see you have a light bar. I have a set of road lights added which I keep on all the time. Gives me an added sense of security hoping other drivers will spot me. I also see you have a center stand. Don't have to tell you how handy those are. Do you plan to mount a phone or GPS? Nice looking bike and you have a great start on pimping her out.

Thanks!!! :D

Currently there's a total of 23 accessories that I already installed myself. I think that I'm "DONE" for now... :eek:

Here's what's all on "NaNCy":

Honda - Center Stand, Light Bar, Heated Grips, Heated Grips Attachment Kit, Sub Harness, Relay Kit, 12V Accessory Socket, Fairing Air Deflectors, Lower Wind Deflectors, Front Cowl Panel, Rear Trunk, Rear Rack Carrier, and Mounting Kit.

Aftermarket - Barkbusters VPS Hand Guards, Cee Bailey Extended Windshield, BRUUDT Radiator Guard, Skidmarx Wheelhugger, Pyramid Front Fender Extender, Vision X Solstice LED Pods, Piaa Sport Horn, PIAA Light Bar Mounts, and Throttle Rocker II.

IMG_2388.jpg

This image was taken Saturday morning while running errands and before I did the final installation of last remaining items.

I installed a set of Vision X Solstice LED Pods and the Piaa Sport Horn over this past weekend. I also used "Relay Harnesses" of my own making for these 2 items during their installation.

No plans on mounting a GPS or phone onto this bike. I have an iPhone 5 with speakers installed into my Nolan N103. If I need Navigation, I input the designation and slip the phone back into the belt clip and cruise down the road.

I have created the "Ultimate Commuter Bike" and the DCT puts it "Over The Top"!!! :cool:

Last edited:
Welcome (from a former S.F. Valley resident myself & former ST1300 owner) to the forum.

THX!!! :D

The SFV has not changed much in the past 20 or so years, you are not missing much out here.

I still have the ST1300 and truly still enjoy it. It's my "Work Horse" and sometimes its a "Pick Up". It has its purpose and is a "Rocket" compared to the NC700X. It's not an "Around Town or Errand Bike", especially when stuck in city street traffic. Then it feels like you are riding a buffalo during those times or instances. I still love the bike and plan to continue to keep it. I will be riding it a few times a week, the NC, and the CB360 on Fridays…

IMG_2329.jpg

This picture was taken shortly after I got the NC home a few weeks ago and before the it's "Transformation" had began.

Last edited:
THX!!! :D

The SFV has not changed much in the past 20 or so years, you are not missing much out here.

I still have the ST1300 and truly still enjoy it...

Moved out of SFV in '89 but I have family still out there so I make the trek now and then. In many ways I miss my ST but it was definitely not an errand bike...

Here's the ST leaving with its new owner:

Leaving.jpg

Last edited:
My NC is my first brand new bike too :)

THX!!! It's truly an exciting feeling, isn't?

The DCT "ROCKS" and is a "Blast" to ride. I think that you mentioned that you use "D-Mode" mostly. "S-mode" is best suited for "Around Town Use". The ECU wants to "Strong Arm" it into 6 gear and such low speeds to get the Revs down, which is not ideal in city traffic, Lane Splitting, or low speeds. The engine will "Lug" when you open the throttle too fast at low speeds. Manually downshifting it is sometimes temporary and the ECU shifts it back into 6 gear against your wishes.

Try it, you may like it... :cool:

Back