• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hanging it up

GT928

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I sold my NC700x last week. Of the dozen bikes I have had in the last 48 years it was the most fun. I am not selling it to buy another. I have decided to quit riding. Nothing unusual happened, I just have been enjoying it less and less. Never had an accident. It is just time to quit. You need to really love it to take the risk of riding, and I just don't anymore. Other interests are competing for my time. I have enjoyed this forum and the people on it. I will probably check occasionally as old habits are hard to break. I doubt if I get another bike, but if I do, I would look long and hard at the DCT version.

Ride safe -

Well I sold my NC700x last week. Of the dozen bikes I have had in the last 48 years it was the most fun. I am not selling it to buy another. I have decided to quit riding. Nothing unusual happened, I just have been enjoying it less and less. Never had an accident. It is just time to quit. You need to really love it to take the risk of riding, and I just don't anymore. Other interests are competing for my time. I have enjoyed this forum and the people on it. I will probably check occasionally as old habits are hard to break. I doubt if I get another bike, but if I do, I would look long and hard at the DCT version.

Ride safe -

Live your life doing what makes you happy. Have fun w your new hobbies.

I can relate to the riding part.... I just did a long trip in my new(er) Dart, and enjoyed several advantages bikes don't have. SHOPPING!.. for one. ;)
Whatever and however means you travel your roads in life, I find the journey as much fun as the destination.
So, I'll wish you fun safe journeys, with no bumps, or red lights, fair weather and awesome mileage! ;)

Know what you mean. Just ordered a new set of tires yesterday, might be the last I'll ever need. It always seems too cold too hot too much bother to put on all the gear. It didn't bother me 50 years ago.

Best of luck to you. I have no doubt You will be back. Perhaps one day in a year or so a bike will go whizzing by and you will smile and say to self..... I want a bit of that again.

Been there, done that. Stopped riding for eight years. Hard to stay away when the memories of the good times keep coming back. Never missed riding until I did. Things change and we need to change also. Have fun where you are at now but don't be surprised when the bug bites you again.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks all. Yes I've stopped and started a few times over the years but something tells me that new pursuits and adventures will keep me off this time.

a dozen bikes and 48 yrs; you've been there done that, that's as good a reason as any to pursue other things. enjoy

Back