• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Happy Birthday West Virginia

I've been to one spot in West Virginia several times. Snowshoe Mountain I think it was called. When I lived in North Carolina some frineds and I would drive there to Ski. Beautiful place and I'd like to go back. Outside that I have not really been anywhere else.

I am affected by other happenings in West Virginia. I work for Caterpillar. Much of our equipment is made for extracting and transporting coal. Things are not good in the coal industry and specifically in West Virginia. We feel the pain too but not near as bad as the people that worked the mines.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off in left field.

Right now, fracking and shale mining are big. The energy industry in general is facing a possible modernization mandate from the federal government, which affects any power plant that uses coal. That possibility may also affect the coal mining operations in WV, KY and PA. I think the coal producing states have a vested interest, and a responsibility, to encourage cleaner power plants. They could also help modernize plants with a subsidy of sorts. That would keep miners working and help reduce particulates from outdated power plants. If I'm not mistaken, which I often am, the technology is retro-fit.

"Modernization mandate" lol

More like "force more money into our donors pet "green" companies" mandates.

Bend over, 'cause coal is a large part of why electricity is as cheap as it is. 30+% increases coming thanks to killing coal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the riding in West Virginia. The roads are great and make western North Carolina seemed crowded by comparison. I rode across WV last Thursday and came back through yesterday on the way back to FL.

I just put the bike up from a 70 mile 'Berkeley Springs' loop. One of my favorite going nowhere rides.All back mountain roads to route 522 in Berkeley Springs, WV, south on 522 to Chapel Hill Rd. in VA and back up the mountain to the other side and home. It's only about two hours, but the roads are great with very little traffic. When the S/O and I go, we usually stop at Cacapon State Park for dinner and continue the ride home from there. All within the loop.

I rode through there going to PA two or three years ago. I stumbled across Detour Rd after crossing the Potomac west of Paw Paw on the way to Cacapon and I ate lunch at the restaurant on top of the mountain just south of Berkeley Springs. This trip last week was across SW WV from Tazewell to Huntington. I love those valley roads.

Back