• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

happy butt

crazyhorse

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my SHAD comfort seat yesterday. Ordered it 5-28 took some time but well worth the wait.The seat came in gray looks awesome. The installation was super easy,just put in 6 rubber bumpers and 2 grommets.My back seat pops right up,maybe because I lubed the hell out of it! Took it for a ride and cannot believe the difference!!! Thanks to all you people on this forum for steering me in the right direction on so many of my mods. Off on vacation for 2 weeks should really give the seat a workout.

I got my SHAD comfort seat yesterday. Ordered it 5-28 took some time but well worth the wait.The seat came in gray looks awesome. The installation was super easy,just put in 6 rubber bumpers and 2 grommets.My back seat pops right up,maybe because I lubed the hell out of it! Took it for a ride and cannot believe the difference!!! Thanks to all you people on this forum for steering me in the right direction on so many of my mods. Off on vacation for 2 weeks should really give the seat a workout.

Nothing makes a person happier than a good seat, then they can enjoy the view! Now Ride!5.jpg

Smileyok.jpg

5.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Your title reminds me of a silly joke I heard as a kid: "Why are you calling me that? My name is Gladys...." "Glad ass, happy butt; what's the difference?"

ANYWAY, I think the SHAD seats are great too.

Hmmm might have to look into one of these seats. God didn't gift me on the posterior side so them long rides get uncomfortable at times having to stand or shift my weight.

Does the new seat change the height? I'd like to upgrade my seat at some point, but I'm not that tall and wouldn't want any more height than is already there.

Does the new seat change the height? I'd like to upgrade my seat at some point, but I'm not that tall and wouldn't want any more height than is already there.

Not that I can tell with my 32" inseam, but maybe someone a little shorter can pipe in here.

My seat did not raise the height at all. I can actually get a bit more sole on the ground than with the stock seat. It seems as though the foam is a bit softer in that area and allows it to compress a bit more that stock. My inseam is 30" on a good day. Hope this helps OneGun

I want a new seat, but the SHAD pics all looked like they had too much material that was wrinkling on the seat. It looked ugly, in my opinion. Is yours smooth or wrinkled as well? I did a 200 mile trip yesterday and my bum was aching....lol

My seat has no wrinkles at all. Very well made in my opinion. Looks like Squeak14s
I want a new seat, but the SHAD pics all looked like they had too much material that was wrinkling on the seat. It looked ugly, in my opinion. Is yours smooth or wrinkled as well? I did a 200 mile trip yesterday and my bum was aching....lol

Last edited:
So are you saying that you don't have to push down on the passenger seat for it to open? I can't open mine with out pushing down very hard.

I do have to push down a little on my rear seat to help open it but its of little to no inconvience for me. And i have yet to even lube it which should make it close to stock style.

How much are these seats? I'm in the market for one and I'm not a Corbin fan. I'm considering sending my seat out to Sargent for a custom seat, but that's as a last resort; Though I do like Sargent seats.

Also, where do you sit on that seat? Back, or forward? I tend to sit forward, nearer the tank because although I am 5'11", I have relatively short arms and don't like to "reach." This means I sit on the thinner part of the seat.... which makes my butt go numb. Does your seat seem to help that? I'd imagine softer, and more, foam would help but I figured I'd better ask before I dish out cash.

How much are these seats? I'm in the market for one and I'm not a Corbin fan. I'm considering sending my seat out to Sargent for a custom seat, but that's as a last resort; Though I do like Sargent seats.

Also, where do you sit on that seat? Back, or forward? I tend to sit forward, nearer the tank because although I am 5'11", I have relatively short arms and don't like to "reach." This means I sit on the thinner part of the seat.... which makes my butt go numb. Does your seat seem to help that? I'd imagine softer, and more, foam would help but I figured I'd better ask before I dish out cash.

You might want to check out this thread for more detailed information:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2525-shad-comfort-seat.html

Back