• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Has Anyone Tried Rox 2 inch Risers on their NC700X?

drseth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I just finished putting HeliBars on my Honda ST1100, leaving me with the stock handle bars and a set of Rox 2 inch adjustable risers. Now, I am considering putting them on my NC700X, but looks like the cables and wiring need to be relocated behind the triple tree to work. Before I start, has anyone else tried this handlebar mod, and did it make much of a difference?

Seth Anderson

Several have the 2" Rox risers, including myself. Yes it does make a difference. I didn't reroute my cables but did have to take one from bracket. The rest fit fine.

Hi,

I just finished putting HeliBars on my Honda ST1100, leaving me with the stock handle bars and a set of Rox 2 inch adjustable risers. Now, I am considering putting them on my NC700X, but looks like the cables and wiring need to be relocated behind the triple tree to work. Before I start, has anyone else tried this handlebar mod, and did it make much of a difference?

Seth Anderson

Yes indeed, quite a few folks have done the Rox set up. Most seem to be pretty happy with them, myself included. When I traded in my BMW for my NCX, I removed the 2" Rox I had put on, and transferred them over to my new wheels. It was an easier install on my NC than it was on the beemer. A little bit of bracketry loosening/removal and a careful inspection to make sure nothing gets pinched or chafed, or stretched past the comfort zone. (which should be pretty intuitive, really)

There is a bit of difference between the DCT bikes the plain non-ABS bikes, and the manual trans+ABS bikes (not in the US) as far as amount of cables, and their routing/bracket locations, but again, it's fairly straight forward when you look at things. You *may* need to remove or reorient/slightly bend the bracket holding the brake line to the lower triple clamp on a plain NCX, but don't quote me on that.

Same as above. Fiddled with the cables a little. The grommet on the front brake line (non-ABS) on the lower triple tree is glued to the line so worked a small screwdriver between the grommet and the brake line to free it up and adjust it down a little. That was it.

They made a big difference in comfort for me. There were some complaints about the grip in the clamps. I had read these reports and took a pair of channel lock pliers and put some groves on Fox by gripping them and then hitting the risers with a rubber mallet. It roughed them up enough that they have never moved. It doesn't take much.

Last edited:
If you are fond of comfort, I highly recommend the Rox risers. In the dirt the Rox risers are a must, unless you are fond of the taste of rocks!

Last edited:
Seems 100 out of 100 people agree! Me included! At 6'2" , the original setup had me leaning to far forward. I'm way more comfortable riding now.

This topic has had a lot of coverage. In a nutshell...........Raising the bars has proven beneficial to most who have done it, me included. And folks have either released the brake line retainer/s or have simply moved the brake reservoir inward on the bar (my option), making sure the reservoir remains as level as possible. Either way works.

Can someone please take a picture of the rox risers on their NC. And also maybe hit me up with a link where i can buy one. And does anyone know how it works on the manual, abs model?

Jeff beat me to it. I was just going to post that link. Some good pictures and advice in that thread. The grommet Bama mentioned can be a pain to get loose. I struggled with it and I have big hands so getting in that area to work it loose was tough.

Back