• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Have you 're-formed' (aka permanently bent) a Honda windscreen, on purpose? How?

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the stock flyscreen _might_ give me just what I want if I bend the top of it rearward, so it's not throwing turbulence _quite_ so high. Has anyone done this? I was thinking that a heat gun would be needed. I actually though someone, maybe Strat(?), had done something like this.

Anyone?

How would the stock screen get any kind of air anywhere near calm? Especially if bending it down. Actually, I think I get what you're getting at...

If you want a preview, remove the screen completely. I'm not sure if that's the ideal solution, but it might eliminate some turbulence that you're getting with the OEM screen if you're getting turbulence from the OEM screen.

When I suspected the windscreen was causing the buffeting that was hitting the chin of my helmet, hence making it b!@@&y loud, even with ear plugs, I tried the removal of the original screen, which definitely helped.

End result was 100_2562.jpg

It's a fibreglass copy that I moulded from the original, then spliced and diced into this final shape. It helps that much of the turbulent air is now hitting my chest instead of my neck, but the mirrors are the remaining problem

I made one just a bit shorter than stock. Single curve on mine. Compound curves are tricky without a real good form/mould.
646e5ea1ecf22147b37b053cc501a294.jpg

I cut my stock windscreen down. The air feels really nice around my helmet now, but I think I'm going to drill a couple holes in the front soon to help with turbulence even more. I'll probably end up painting it flat black as well.

Windscreen 1.jpg Windscreen 2.jpg

yeah. cutting down might be the only way to go. we don't even know what this little oem screen is made of. polycarbonate or acrylic. bending can be done without mold,but it would be difficult + you need a big,nice and steady temp oven. preferably-electric.
you might want to look some vids on youtube on thermoforming or simply acrylic heat bending or something like that.
i've done something similar in the past,working on extension for long windshield.
97b83fc5b8d0.jpg

it's not hard,but practice,exercise and very careful execution + preparation would be required. otherwise results most likely will be disastrous.

i've noted (after i dropped the bike last week and broke puig screen) that the ride (200 miles back home) without any screen is much quieter. small oem screen does make more noise and turbulence.
but! i have to add that fuel consumption jumped dramatically too

Yes, I get distinctly better mpg with the Honda Touring screen vs. the stock flyscreen. At some times of the year, though (like now), I much prefer as close to full airflow as I can get on this bike. During the heat of the summer, and the 'cold' (that's relative, but to us 'Zonies it's cold here in winter) of the winter, I want more protection from the wind.

Back