• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Headlight ??

GsVs

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Question -- for those of you that have been on your NC700X at night ..... can you rate how well the Headlight lights up the road ???

Thanks ....

It was better than my stock GL1200 lamp, but not close to the HID that I put in the GL. The NC will get an HID in it in the future.

The NC will get an HID in it in the future.

^This. It is a decent stock headlight, but once you have ridden with a projector beam HID it is hard to accept less. I put a non projector beam HID on my Yamaha and found it to be an improvement, but not as dramatic. To install a projector beam HID in the stock NC headlight reflector requires removing it and separating the front lens from the reflector. A bit of work, but well worth it unless you trash the headlight assembly in the process.

This is the one that I have ordered for mine...

HID kits, HID projectors, projector headlights, HID lights --Kingtech Auto Parts Co., Limited Official website --Powered by MetInfo

Thanks! I saved it to my NC700 favorites. Hopefully you will add a installation procedure and review when you have it shining!
The way I want my bike setup seems to coincide with yours. It's nice knowing I'm not the only one that likes this configuration.
I will be watching your modifications very close. I think I will gain a lot of knowledge from your experience, not to mention money saved.
Did you get the 4300K or 6000K?

Last edited:
I will be watching your modifications very close. I think I will gain a lot of knowledge from your experience, not to mention money saved.
Did you get the 4300K or 6000K?

Yes, you can save a lot of money by letting me break it first. There is an old saying that the pioneer is the guy with the arrow in his chest. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

ETA: I got the 6000K 50w unit. The HID on my BMW was 35w and it was plenty awesome, so I upped the spec and also bought a 50w projector for the BMW. It would get jealous if the new kid had a better light.

Last edited:
Yes, you can save a lot of money by letting me break it first. There is an old saying that the pioneer is the guy with the arrow in his chest. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I about sprayed coffee with that! But you are more experienced than I. lol
I'll watch your back though, and have the crosshairs on the archers head!

ETA: I got the 6000K 50w unit. The HID on my BMW was 35w and it was plenty awesome, so I upped the spec and also bought a 50w projector for the BMW. It would get jealous if the new kid had a better light.

I would have probably went with the 35 watt, but since the 50 watt is 20% better why not.
Its going to be a expensive winter.

Thanks! Not a bad looking light. Being that the 4300K is closer to sun light. Will it be better?
I have a 35 watt 6000K in my GL1200 now, and wondering if I should have gone with a 4300K or 5000K.
It would be nice to see the the 4300-6000 in person. My GL is a very white light with a hint of blue.
I got a matching set for my Suzuki Eiger also.
I hate plowing snow in the dark! Not that I had to do that lately.

Thanks! Not a bad looking light. Being that the 4300K is closer to sun light. Will it be better?
I have a 35 watt 6000K in my GL1200 now, and wondering if I should have gone with a 4300K or 5000K.

The 4300K will put out more light and it will penetrate better in mist or fog. It is probably a wiser choice. As my 7th grade science teacher used to say, "you are either wise or you are otherwise". I guess I am otherwise, but I like the color of the 6000K lights and the 50W projectors have lumens to burn so I spent a few to get the look. I thought 6000K was a good compromise but I don't like anything "hotter". I would have chosen 5000K if it was offered, but it was not.

I guess I am otherwise also, because I got the 6000K on my wing. It is very white! I may try the 4300K on the NCX, or maybe the 6000.
When I see yours I will know.

I guess I am otherwise also, because I got the 6000K on my wing. It is very white! I may try the 4300K on the NCX, or maybe the 6000.
When I see yours I will know.

If I had any logic for the choice, it was to try to match the color of the LED spots that I am going to mount on top of the Givi engine bars...

https://www.teslaleds.com/default.aspx

See, there you are saving money already by following the guy with the arrow in his chest.

I see said the blind man! Good idea, and one I completely forgot. I thought the same thing when I added driving lights to my GL.
One light was white and two were yellow.

Back