• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heck yeah I got the 22,000 mile coolant leak!!

29K miles on the Beemerphile NC and it's water pump is dripping. Going to monitor it awhile to see if it clears up before spending $150.

You live dangerously!

Swap it out brother, trust me!

You must have never owned a older GoldWing. They were well known for leaking from water pump weep hole during winter storage. Under normal use......no problem.......seems the seal contracts with the cold ( freezing) weather. ST1300 also do the same thing.

There four o-rings in or on the pump body that are serviceable at less than $10 as first repair to avoid $150 expense.

Last edited:
must be a Honda thing. Civic=new timing chain and water pump every 75k. What year is yours btw?

Wow, I have a 2008 civic and I read the timing chain is likely to go 200K miles. I don't believe it even has a service interval. It's not like a timing belt that will just snap without any warning. My civic has 80K miles and haven't replaced anything that failed. I'm not going to replace the water pump unless it starts making noise or leaking. I check it regularly and change the coolant every 45K miles. As for the rest of my maintenance, I do brakes, plugs, battery, tires, fluids,etc. Car feels pretty bullet proof.

29K miles on the Beemerphile NC and it's water pump is dripping. Going to monitor it awhile to see if it clears up before spending $150.

You live dangerously!

Swap it out brother, trust me!

You must have never owned a older GoldWing. They were well known for leaking from water pump weep hole during winter storage. Under normal use......no problem.......seems the seal contracts with the cold ( freezing) weather. ST1300 also do the same thing.

showkey was right on this one. After noting the dripping coolant over the winter, the beemerphile bike then went on a 2200 mile trip without loosing a drop of coolant. The leak I observed apparently was indeed cold winter storage seal contraction. That's something to consider before going ahead with a pump replacement over a minor leak on the NC.

Bought a new 2013 from the dealership floor this Monday. 450 miles on her as a demo.
Sat mostly with dust on it.
They used it for lunch runs.

Had it out twice and last night she began leaking from water pump gasket. Now they tell me 3 weeks to get it into their Honda shop under warranty.

I'll just ride my Kawasaki KLR650 2016 with 6K miles on it that hasn't leaked a bit. Ha!

Bought a new 2013 from the dealership floor this Monday. 450 miles on her as a demo.
Sat mostly with dust on it.
They used it for lunch runs.

Had it out twice and last night she began leaking from water pump gasket. Now they tell me 3 weeks to get it into their Honda shop under warranty.

I'll just ride my Kawasaki KLR650 2016 with 6K miles on it that hasn't leaked a bit. Ha!

An option would be to just fix the leak yourself and forget the warranty. I would not want the shop taking my bike apart anyway, but that's just me. We've all heard the stories of botched "professsional" jobs, and I've experienced them myself many times. Plus, the wait for the part is likely less that the wait for the shop's schedule. Just a thought. . .

Ask the shop if they'll just give you the part. I've had the Honda car dealer agree to that, but haven't tried it at a motorcycle shop.

Last edited:
I've got 81k on my 2012 NC all original parts in cooling systems. In January 2017 I decided to try a waterless coolant, Evans. It supposedly never needs replaced, doesn't corrode, doesn't build pressure which if all that is true it should be easier on the system. Just got back on a 9600 mile ride in 21 days and no problems.

Back