• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello forn Central Arkansas

bamamate

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I’m originally from Alabama, hence the username, but have been in central Arkansas for a number of years. It has been over 20 years since I’ve owned a motorcycle. My last bike was a late 70s Honda Hawk 400 (CB400) if anyone remembers that one. I had been looking to get a bike for few years and when the NC700 was announced I knew it was what I wanted. I commute to work by bicycle but now I have another option beside the pickup. I’m 6’1 so I’m very interested in mortifications for taller riders. Yep, I don’t want to lower the seat I want to jack it up, raise the handle bars, and lower the foot pegs, brake pedal, etc.

Welcome to the hive. I am originally from Alabama as well (Gadsden and Huntsville). I escaped in 1976 after graduating from college. I am now an unreconstructed Southerner living in occupied Georgia. At 6'-2" 200# (188cm and 91 kg for some of you) I have made most of the "tall guy" mods, so ask away if you have any questions.

I went Birmingham, Decatur, Huntsville, Arkansas. Hope to move to Dothan in a few years where my family has migrated.

Which has made the most difference for leg room, the seat or the lower footpegs?

Welcome aboard bamamate, I lived in Mountain Home Ar. for awhile. glad to have you along and don't forget to pin yourself on the members map.

Last edited:
...Hope to move to Dothan in a few years where my family has migrated.

Dothan, cool. Say "Hi" to Donna D'Errico for me...

donna_d_errico_picture2.jpg

Which has made the most difference for leg room, the seat or the lower footpegs?

An inch is an inch. Since I had plenty of knee bend left with my feet flat on the ground, the inch on the seat did not bother me. If I only did one, I would do that one, or do it first and see if it is enough. I am not only tall, I am arthritic and I ride long distances, so I was looking for all I could get (within reason). The bike is a little more cramped than what I am used to, but I think I can get it adjusted. I really think the bars are plenty tall. I changed mine for width, pullback, cushion and adjustability.

Welcome from SW Missouri. I'm going to follow beemer's lead with lower pegs and another inch on the seat though.
He is a trooper and has already taken a arrow or two for us.

I'm a unsweet tea guy though. I know how you Bamma people are. A cutie at a Pizza Hut looked at me as if I were from Mars when I asked for unsweet tea .

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Beemer. I like to study other’s farkling and experiences and apply what I can to my needs. Why reinvent the wheel when you don’t have to.
Dothan has quite a few Donnas which is another reason for moving down there 

Turbodiesel, don’t get me started on sweet tea. First time I ordered sweet tea out here I asked the waitress if she had given me unsweet tea. IF the spoon doesn’t stand on its own there isn’t enough sugar.

Back