• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from a new 2016 owner

Yeah there's a rack for the pannier, but really it's too tall for any lifting. I'm only 5'7.

Also, here's another question. The seat on the 2016 is really uncomfortable. Are the gen1 and gen2 models the same when it comes to seats? Can I buy a 2013 seat to put into a 2016?
Also, I know that some seats raise the seat height, and I'm already tip-toeing. Is there a post with a definitive list for seat comparisons?

Yeah there's a rack for the pannier, but really it's too tall for any lifting. I'm only 5'7.

Also, here's another question. The seat on the 2016 is really uncomfortable. Are the gen1 and gen2 models the same when it comes to seats? Can I buy a 2013 seat to put into a 2016?
Also, I know that some seats raise the seat height, and I'm already tip-toeing. Is there a post with a definitive list for seat comparisons?

I believe the seats are interchangeable between 2013 and 2016, but the gen1 seat is just as bad as the gen2, if not worse.

We could post a list of seats, but since all butts are different, what works for one person may not work for another.

Here is a poll done long ago: https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/8749-aftermarket-seat-poll-2-0-a.html#post129962 There are no clear winners and never will be, and there are more choices out there now available since the poll was done.

Here is an even older poll. Again, there is no clear cut preference. What seat is installed on your NC700?

Last edited:
Yeah there's a rack for the pannier, but really it's too tall for any lifting. I'm only 5'7
I'm 5'8" and I'm not having any trouble with the centerstand. I did at first, but one I got the hang of it it's no problem.

I'll try to visualize how I do it....

SETUP:
Left hand on the left handgrip
Right hand on the right side grab-bar next to the rear seat
Left foot near the side-stand
Right foot on the centerstand

ACTION:
Lower the centerstand until it's touching the ground
Rock the bike away from you until the both centerstand feet are touching the ground (bike upright)
Adjust the position of your left foot so you have control of the bike.
>>Stand up on your right leg (which is still on the centerstand) while keeping your right arm straight. This is your only real movement.
The bike should roll back slightly and the centerstand should roll under the bike

That said, I recall you have the DCT? It will probably not work if you have the parking brake set, so make sure it's off.

Last edited:
As if anyone was using the parking brake. ;)

Personally I fold the side stand before putting the bike on the center. Too many bad things may happen.

Welcome to the Forum!

I have a 2016 DCT and use it for everything. Commuting in traffic, camping, weekend fun rides and the occasional long haul road trip.

Rather than get 2 or 3 different bikes, I chose to accessorize this one so it does it all.

After upgrading the suspension, the only thing it lacks now is power and gas capacity, and I’m okay with that, it’ll still easily break any posted speed limit.

I have a hard time with my center stand too. On my Honda pc 800, which weighs 150 lbs more, it takes very little pressure on the center stand lever, and no lifting in the bike at all.
On the NC I need to put all my weight on the lever and lots of lifting to get it up on the stand. I think someone made a mistake on the design on this center stand.

Welcome to the Forum!

I have a 2016 DCT and use it for everything. Commuting in traffic, camping, weekend fun rides and the occasional long haul road trip.

Rather than get 2 or 3 different bikes, I chose to accessorize this one so it does it all.

After upgrading the suspension, the only thing it lacks now is power and gas capacity, and I’m okay with that, it’ll still easily break any posted speed limit.

That would work if I had a car to back up. I sold my car last year because I was barely using it. Need 2 bikes in case one breaks down or goes into service.

I finally got the centerstand working. Had to put the rear on 3/4" platform to get it up. Yup. Definitely a design that needed tweaking.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new ride. I've been here a little less than a year and can tell you that this is really a great group of folks on the site. Everyone has been eager to help and are incredibly knowledgeable. Also, as folks gain knowledge, it seems to get shared here pretty often. Even with the little bit that I am able to share, I get a lot of help back. Very generous group of people.

Back