• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from an Undecided Buyer in Seattle

Thx, Jguarfn, for the feedback. I think I am pretty convinced at this point. I am going to contact my local dealers to see if I can make a deal.

Thx, Jguarfn, for the feedback. I think I am pretty convinced at this point. I am going to contact my local dealers to see if I can make a deal.

It took you this long?
Guys guys,,,, we gotta brush up our marketing pitch here.
Mr Honda will not be too pleased with this turnaround time for 1 unsure buyer.
:p

LOL. It mostly had to do with finances. The desire for the bike has to be that much greater to overcome the financial commitment. :p It's the same reason I can't pull the trigger on a G650GS. It's too expensive.

I am making arrangement for picking up a NCX over the weekend. Thanks people :D

LOL. It mostly had to do with finances. The desire for the bike has to be that much greater to overcome the financial commitment. :p It's the same reason I can't pull the trigger on a G650GS. It's too expensive.

I am making arrangement for picking up a NCX over the weekend. Thanks fellows :D

Here's a spanner into your works.
Over here, all things squared, a new 2013 F700GS (ABS comes as standard) sells for only 5-10% more compared to the NCX.
I'd consider that as a real contender over the NCX in terms of value for money.

With that in mind, I strongly believe the trend of bike (or auto) prices are on the way down. I'd bet my money on it.

Here's a spanner into your works.
Over here, all things squared, a new 2013 F700GS (ABS comes as standard) sells for only 5-10% more compared to the NCX.
I'd consider that as a real contender over the NCX in terms of value for money.
That's a real value for the F700GS. I waltzed into a BMW dealer and got a quote of $9,200 for a pretty commonly equipped G 650GS and $10,000 OTD. The F800GS would be 2-3K more. I then politely waltzed out of the front door.

That's a real value for the F700GS. I waltzed into a BMW dealer and got a quote of $9,200 for a pretty commonly equipped G 650GS and $10,000 OTD. The F800GS would be 2-3K more. I then politely waltzed out of the front door.

Due to your post, I checked once more:
F700GS (ABS) = 10,300chf
F800GS (ABS) = 12,500chf
NCX (ABS) = 8010chf.

However, BMW is giving some discounts over Winter, I heard that they give out 1-2k freebies.

Apologies if I said 5-10%, it was more like 10-20%.
But nevertheless, it should be a better bike if you want to go offroad more.
More accessories for the beemers, I am sure.

The trouble with some of the modern BMs is quality control and electrical problems. I also know some F800 have suffered from piston slap and had barrels and pistons replaced.

The trouble with some of the modern BMs is quality control and electrical problems. I also know some F800 have suffered from piston slap and had barrels and pistons replaced.

Certainly they don't have the hand built quality of the old airheads but then their price in relation to Japanese counterparts is cheaper than the airheads were. For example my first R75/5 cost £1200 whilst a new CB750 or Suzuki GT750 was circa £750

First time I heard this, but it may not be untrue.
Pity, with everything outsourced and offshored, it is no wonder.
Things (brands) are not the way they used to be.

Luckily our NCX (rumoured) is still first batch from Japan.
:D

First time I heard this, but it may not be untrue.
Pity, with everything outsourced and offshored, it is no wonder.
Things (brands) are not the way they used to be.

Luckily our NCX (rumoured) is still first batch from Japan.
:D

I think the problems with piston slap was to do with the earlier models of the 800. I think part of the problem with modern BMW is that they have completely changed so much in such a short space of time that it has effected quality control. They even seem to release news models quicker than the Japanese.

Back