• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Austin, TX!

I'm glad you like the bike! Mine is my first new-new motorcycle.

I really like the low-down torque and the biggest learning curve-issue with the DCT is learning to trust it and not grabbing for the clutch when starting from a stop.

I love the torque too! No need to rev up to get going at all. The 1st week I grabbed for the clutch but I think that habit's finally broken.

I actually scared myself riding into work today. I hit the engine cut off switch by accident and had to pull over and figure out what the heck happened. On my old bike, I could have just pushed in the clutch, start 'er up, and keep going. But with the DCS I didn't think that was the safest thing to do since I effectively killed the engine while it was in 4th gear. Hopefully I don't make a boneheaded move like that again anytime soon.

I hope your ride back home was a safe and quick one! How long did it take you to get back to Austin?

Thanks! I'm taking the scenic route, and am still on the road. About 1,700 miles so far in a week, with another 1,000 to go by Monday, when I hope to get home.

Back