• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Scotland

Murcuseo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my name is Graeme Kerr, I'm 31 years old and live in a place called Elderslie near Glasgow, Scotland.

I gained my full license in June of 2013 and my NC700XA-C is my first "big bike".
I previously owned a Yamaha YZF125R so there is quite a performance and style difference.
After riding a sports style bike I realised that function was far more important to me than style(although style is still important) and wanted something completely different.

The NC700X caught my eye immediately and I knew after a short test ride it was the bike for me.

I'm currently modifying it for my first full season of touring and plan on keeping it for at least 3 years before changing. Or, so I keep telling myself. ;)

Here's my bike in its current state.

I have a full Givi pannier set ordered which is due in on Thursday(fingers crossed) so I'll update the pictures when they are installed.

The forum looks excellent and I look forward to reading through a lot of the content(when I find time).

Cheers

Welcome Graeme! Good luck with the new bike which you have looking quite nice so far. It is a goal of mine to come ride in your country someday. I am from both Scottish and Irish descent many generations ago.

Hey, my name is Graeme Kerr, I'm 31 years old and live in a place called Elderslie near Glasgow, Scotland.

I gained my full license in June of 2013 and my NC700XA-C is my first "big bike".
I previously owned a Yamaha YZF125R so there is quite a performance and style difference.
After riding a sports style bike I realised that function was far more important to me than style(although style is still important) and wanted something completely different.

The NC700X caught my eye immediately and I knew after a short test ride it was the bike for me.

I'm currently modifying it for my first full season of touring and plan on keeping it for at least 3 years before changing. Or, so I keep telling myself. ;)

I have a full Givi pannier set ordered which is due in on Thursday(fingers crossed) so I'll update the pictures when they are installed.

The forum looks excellent and I look forward to reading through a lot of the content(when I find time).

Cheers

9.jpgHowdy from Texas.

smileytexan.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from British Columbia, Canada....
You have some amazing biking routes up your way.
Years ago I took my touring bicycle to Scotland, and started out from my uncles home in Paisley and cycled north.
Met some folk on motor bikes and figured that would be a great way to see the country as well.
Glad you joined the group...looking forward to seeing your bike as you make changes!

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

I have plenty of touring organised for this season and have bought myself a GoPro so count on some footage when the weather turns mid April-ish. ;)

Hi Graeme. Welcome on here. One of your compatriots "Kharli" is also on the Ash forum in the NC section. Decent bloke, full of knowledge. I see you live not too far from Glasgow and that is a good jump off for that amazing Scottish Western coast and Isles. I often visit Scotland and apart from the far north, there is little of it that I have not sampled . Mods that I would suggest , given that we live in a similar climate are, Tutoro chain oiler, some protection for the rear shock, and a pair of Triumph universal fork Guards. The Guards fit straight on and look as if they were made for the bike. I think Triumph have the same fork supplier. Best of luck with your bike.
Griff

Hey Grump. Cheers for the suggestions. Any chance you could provide a link for the fork protectors?

I have ordered a Tutoro Oiler and already have a shock tube on. I also have a Rossocromo hugger, but the fitting kit is still incoming.

I may have to pick your brain at some point regarding roads/routes you've enjoyed while touring Scotland.
I'm familiar with the majority of the west coast but I'm sure there will be some quieter routes you could suggest.

Cheers

Hey Grump. Cheers for the suggestions. Any chance you could provide a link for the fork protectors? Cheers

Link as requested. Adventurer Accessories (1996 model) / Adventurer Accessories / Adventurer / Previous Models / Triumph Accessories / Home / World of Triumph

There is a thread on here with shots of them on the bike. It is current with some shots under this link on here .........

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5252-fork-gaiters-2.html

Be sure to mount them exactly straight ahead, noting that they could come close to the bodywork under sudden heavy braking if they were off centre to the outside of the fork leg. I have mine marginally off centre to the inside but not sufficiently to compromise the protection offered.

Message me any time you like about routes etc. I can send over my Mapsource records of where we got to.

I have a Rossocromo hugger. Hopefully yours will be ok but I had a little trouble getting mine to line up properly vis a vis the bolts and their related holes. I feel I just got a bad one. I suggest putting some protection such as ACF 50 or stronger on the swingarm brace before you mount the hugger, as that area gets sandblasted by the wheel and it will be out of sight when the hugger is on.

This is a great little bike. I believe it is quirky enough to get quite a following over the coming years. I am lucky enough to have more than one bike but this one is one of my all time favourites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back