• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmets: what is your lid?

I've had a Multitec for the last 5 years and it's been great, but I've just bought a Neotec too. I've got a massive head and the Neotec has more room around the chin (I can 'kiss' the chin bar in the Multitec, but not the Neotec)
Both good helmets though.

My son just said this is Anakin Skywalker's helmet during the Pod Race in Episode 1.....
Oh may the force be with you....when you ride with this...
:p

Actually, it's an X-Wing fighter helmet from the original Star Wars.

I have had the AGV S4 Black with White/Red Strips for 3-4 years now. It has since been discontinued. Now I am having a hard time finding a replacement that fits my weird head shape.

agv_s4_helmet_lg.jpg

BTW, anybody here wear an dual sport / adventure style helmet?

I have a Seven Zero Seven Backlash helmet purchased from Cycle Gear, I only mention its from Cycle Gear because I beleive Seven Zero Seven is a house brand of theirs, made by Bell if i remember the salesman properly. Its fiberglass, lightweight, great ventilation, a little noisy. Not bad for under $200 US.. but it does not fit in the storage compartment, that dosen't bother me though because I allways use the helmet cable and lock it under the rear seat as my storage usually has too much in it (jacket liner, neck gaiter, water, ect.) for a helmet either way.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Got a Schuberth S2 last week. Because of snowfall I have not had the chance to ride with it yet.

Jocke, vilken färg skaffade du på hjälmen? Jag har den matt vita S2:an med svarta detaljer. Inte den med svart band över hjälmen. Jag blev bra överraskad över hur tyst hjälmen är.

I've got a Shoei Neotec and I really love it. Well worth the jaw-dropping price. But I figure spending the most on noggin protection is probably worth it.

I've got a Shoei Neotec and I really love it...

Same here. I had to remove the little piece at the bottom of the front storage, since the U-bolt mountings prevented my Shoei from going in quite far enough for the compartment lid to close. Works fine without the little manual cover thingie, though.

I've got a Shoei Neotec and I really love it. Well worth the jaw-dropping price. But I figure spending the most on noggin protection is probably worth it.

Comfort is important, but yes, its definitely worth protecting the noggin, lest your jaw does drop without the protection :)

Comfort is important, but yes, its definitely worth protecting the noggin, lest your jaw does drop without the protection :)

The Shoei rep was in the dealers when I got my chain done yesterday. I was shown the new catalogue for 2013 which had a Neotec in in Hi Viz Yellow with black trim which is supposed to come out in March over here which is just after my birthday. Very strong hints were directed at Sue. :)

Last edited:
The Soei rep was in the dealers when I got my chain done yesterday. I was shown the new catalogue for 2013 which had a Neotec in in Hi Viz Yellow with black trim which is supposed to come out in March over here which is just after my birthday. Very strong hints were directed at Sue. :)

The Neotec is the one I've been eyeballing for a while. When it's time to replace mine that's the one I'm most likely to get.

Back