• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmets: what is your lid?

I'm old school and cheap on top so I have a Black Shoei RF1000 that was one of 2, Motorcycle Superstore sent to me on a single one, ordered for my son's birthday. Oopsie....

Jakeisbill... I was deciding between the Triumph and NC too... I'm not disappointed with the NC.
Same here,,I was very interested in the Scrambler,and I do like the classic style,,but as soon as I tested the NC I was besotted..and the rest they say is history,,,,,,............................As for helmets ,,,Me Myself and I prefer open face helmets.I have a Nitro,,nothing special,,but I am interested in a Airoh TSR2 with removable chin guard,,,and I love the classic styling......another I like is the old Bell open face I think it was called Jet...Lastly I would not advise anyone to buy a helmet online,,,When shopping for a helmet you need to take your time and have a little patience try on lots of different brands but what ever you do "Get the right fit" helmets are such personnel things they should be a tight fit at first and allowed to bed in,,,

I wear an Arai Profile. It's the only helmet I could find that doesn't give me a headache from forehead pressure. Fits me perfectly. Size XL fits in Wiley's frunk, though it's a snug fit.

I see there are now a couple of Snell-certified modular helmets available. I only wear Snell-certified, so that's welcome news. Plus, the American-based company who sells one of those models confirms that they're a long-oval shape. Hopefully that means there's a modular out there that'll fit me with no headache!

I have 3 Arai's and 2 HJC's Two of the Arai's are open face with mikes and speakers. The other Arai is a motocross one. One HJC full face and and one HJC modular that I use on the NC700X

I think on this bike you could get away with a storm trooper helmet, it kind of looks like something that would have been in the movie, silver and black just the right colors

I have 2 Arai XD-3s. My 2 young nephews freaked out, yelling StormTrooper!, StormTrooper!, the first time I showed up at their place with my black visor.

manandmachine.jpg

Arai Signet Q full face helmet with J&M Bluetooth headset built right in. With my iPhone, this combination does everything I need....

I use to have a Street and Steel Phantom. It is a flip up that has the second tinted lens that slides down. In the Oklahoma summer it was far too hot being Black. It was also heavy as hell! It was too small for me too. My chin would hit the front of the helmet a lot and it just bugged the hell out of me.
So I upgraded to the Icon Variant in white.
Icon-Variant-Helmet-whiteGloss-2013.jpg
It is far lighter and cooler int he summer than the Phantom and has a much wider peripheral view range than the Phantom too. I am a bit concerned about buffeting with the visor on top, but we will see how that goes. I have yet to have any problems with it at 50-60mph unless I look up a lot. But it seems to have plenty of air flow in the helmet as well as over the helmet. It was only about $350 when I picked it up too.

Black Suomy D20 modular helmet, so far satisfied, waiting to install the communication kit that I ordered today...
41WXwL7KiaL._SS500_.jpg158331446_carbon-fiber-look-dual-visor-modular-motorcycle-helmet-.jpg

I can understand why some of you guys want communication systems but personaly when I'm on my bike I don't want to be contacted or contact anyone. I feel that part of the joy of riding is being alone and leaving day to day pressures and worries behind

I just "invested" in the new Schuberth C3 Pro in matte black color...it is arriving on Wednesday! It is supposedly the lightest and quietest helmet available. But, it is also extremely high priced. I also "invested" in the fully integrated Bluetooth system (built right into the neck roll, based on the Scala Rider G4). I am going on a ~1000 mile ride in mid-March so I will report back how the helmet performs...

I have this one in silver grey with a built in sun visor. good helmet if a little on the heavy side.
as for cutting noise?? dunno as I wear ear plugs at all times whilst riding my bikes.

!BmO0gOwB2k~$(KGrHqYOKk!Etl1KsJelBLe727fw-w~~_35.JPG

The built in sound system that comes with it is ...
I can understand why some of you guys want communication systems but personaly when I'm on my bike I don't want to be contacted or contact anyone. I feel that part of the joy of riding is being alone and leaving day to day pressures and worries behind

Anyone know of good around the ear headphones that will fit in a helmet? I'll gladly take them apart to get the ear section in the helmet, I can't stand listening to wind, and ear plugs work well but the wind is still there. Much rather listen to some music.

Oh, I have the bell mag 9 three quarter helmet. Had an HJC 3/4 but it was very noisy, the bell is much better. They actually put a large amount of foam right in front of your ear, works!!

Back