• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help Me Fool My Service Shop

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Had my NC700XD in for 16,000 mile service. Dealer is multi brand dealer. When I asked to verify he had a clutch oil filter he thought I was pulling his leg. Then when I told him I wanted my parking brake adjusted he was sure I was pulling his leg. I had brought the shop some Five Guys frys so he was willing to let me explain. :).

Now that I have set the stage what should I ask him to check next time?

Tell them your clutch Handel broke off and you need a new one put on,or adjusted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Grease the muffler bearings, top up the blinker fluid, and make sure the tires are full of summer air. That winter stuff is just too damn dense.

Hey, Rick,
You could always ask what the shop labor rate is for adjusting the engagement point of the second clutch. :) Other than that, I'm coming up blank.

Bob

Tell him your having trouble reaching 88mph and the flux capacitor is playing up. :rolleyes:

GREAT SCOTT

n56058737585_2734.jpg

I'd also tell him that I'm taking it to a Honda dealer who actually knows that the NC exists and how to service them.

Hmm, 16,000. Tell him that you think it's about time you added some fuel, but can't find the gas cap.

Check the power steering and the CV joints.

Seriously, I'd be circumspect about letting them work on it at all.

Issues getting in into neutral when the key is out of the ignition? (can you do that on the DCT?)
Traction control seems to be acting up?

Steering problems? Bike turns the the opposite direction of the steering?

How about telling him it seems that downshifting seems to take a little more effort than when the bike was new and ask if you can just order a new button or would you have to get the entire handlebar control assembly?

On second thought why not just ask him to clean and lubricate the shifter mechanism. As in use electrical contact cleaner on the switch contacts followed by a very light coat of dielectric grease.

Last edited:
Back