• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hi from Reading, PA

TraumaRN

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks!! I'm a newbie from Reading, PA. I got my MC license almost 3 yrs ago, but due to family & budget reasons, I haven't bought my first bike yet. In the past, I've been infatuated with the Kawi Versys and the Yamaha TMax. When I read about the NC700X coming out, I fell instantly in love!! It's as if the Versys and TMax got together and created a love child. It's exactly what I've been dreaming about for years now.

I still need to wait a little while before I buy my NC700, but I plan to use this time to research, learn, shop for the proper accessories, and, of course, save some money. In the meantime, I'm very pleased to be a part of what appears to be a fantastic community and to learn from experiences of all the fortunate souls who are enjoying the NC700X before me.

Enjoy, be safe, and stick to ATGATT!!

Thanks!!! "ATGATT" stands for "All The Gear, All The Time", meaning wear your helmet and protective gear always!! I picked it up from the Versys forum, so I don't believe it is necessarily an American thing. But in my business as a Trauma/Emergency/Critical Care Nurse, it's something I firmly believe in. (I'm not getting preachy here as I'm all about personal choice, but I could tell you some stories!)

Thanks, again! Be safe!

Hi Trauma RN!

My hubby just picked up a Versys and it's nice and fun and all, but I'm a little partial to the NCX as well ;-)
If you want to check out the Versys and NCX side by side sometime just let me know, you're not too far away- we're up near Allentown!

That would be great, 2Green2Gs!!! If I ever get a day off from work and my wife doesn't have anything on my "honey-do" list, I will definitely be in touch!! Thanks!!!

Hi folks!! I'm a newbie from Reading, PA. I got my MC license almost 3 yrs ago, but due to family & budget reasons, I haven't bought my first bike yet. In the past, I've been infatuated with the Kawi Versys and the Yamaha TMax. When I read about the NC700X coming out, I fell instantly in love!! It's as if the Versys and TMax got together and created a love child. It's exactly what I've been dreaming about for years now.

I still need to wait a little while before I buy my NC700, but I plan to use this time to research, learn, shop for the proper accessories, and, of course, save some money. In the meantime, I'm very pleased to be a part of what appears to be a fantastic community and to learn from experiences of all the fortunate souls who are enjoying the NC700X before me.

Enjoy, be safe, and stick to ATGATT!!

Hello TraumaRN and welcome. I've seen that acronym in some forums and also a few magazines, I 'assumed' it was everywhere. I'm a newbie too. Have had my license to ride for many years, but never got around to doing the biking thing full-time. I did a refresher of the BRC this June in preparation for taking on the NC700, and also because the insurance company is happier (and you get a discount for having done a ride course within the past 3 years PLUS an additional a discount for belonging to a Rider Club). Take your time and wait for what you want. It will definitely be worth it. Safe travels...

Welcome TraumaRN! Glad to see the forum filling up. And I don't think you could have selected a better machine. I've read that Honda is marketing this bike throughout the world! And to paraphrase the author, it's nearly unprecedented to market the same vehicle in all markets. That sentence is encouraging to know.

Back