• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hi from south west Florida

T S N

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be getting an NC700 soon. I have a few questions.
Will the bike handle 2 people, @ 330 LBS ?
Do I need a bigger springs and upgraded shock to do this?
Is the plastic as much of a pain to deal with as my PC 800?
Thank you.
Terry.

Welcome to the forum. Do you still have the PC? My last bike was a 1995 PC800. Is the plastic on the NC a pain? Yes, it is but not bad as on the PC. The engine on the NC is in plain sight, getting at the head cover to do a valve check every 8,000 miles couldn't be easier unlike the PC where the whole front end of the bike has to be stripped and the air filter housing removed although with hydraulic valves it only needs to be done every 30,000 miles. From what I have seen so far there are no brittle plastic tabs to break off like on the PC. The NC will easily handle 330lbs combined weight.

I will be getting an NC700 soon. I have a few questions.
Will the bike handle 2 people, @ 330 LBS ?
Do I need a bigger springs and upgraded shock to do this?
Is the plastic as much of a pain to deal with as my PC 800?
Thank you.
Terry.

I am 300#, and have no problems at all. If I upgrade/change the suspension, it will be when needed due to wear. I've only had my NC a year, but no issues with the plastic. Enjoy the new ride, and this Forum - good stuff here. Ride safe, and congrats!

Howdy from Texas.

I am short, fat, and ugly and the NC7 has carried me on road and off road from Mexico to Alaska. As my son put it yesterday, "sure are hard on that bike". The NC7 takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Getting ready to head your way in a few hours on the NC7, going to the races at Daytona Beach.

Last edited:
Welcome from Little Rock, AR. I'm sure you'll enjoy the bike and find it fills your needs.

Hi everyone. Thank you for the replies. This is a great site, with so many friendly people.
I've been looking at these bikes lately, and they look like a winner. I still have the Pacific Coast, and also a DR 650.
This weekend I hope to do a test ride on an automatic.
Terry

Back