• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

High Mile NC700X's ??

Passed 72,000 miles on 14 May 2017 - only problem was a failing kickstand kill switch causing random engine kills - that was a while back, there's a thread on here about it somewhere.

Hey ...
The NC700X has been out for a while ...
Just wondering for the ones that have put in some serious seat time .... how many miles are on your NC ??
Any issues ??
Thanks ...

100,000 (plus) miles logged. The clutch was the only thing that "failed" at 80K miles, though it's probably more accurate to say wore out.

edit 8/8/2018: 120,000

It's been a trouble free machine, and even after getting hold of a 2007 Yamaha FJR1300, I still like the NC700X better...(but I'm keeping the FJR too!)

The NC700X's utility is unmatched for me. It gets better MPG than the FJR, and it can carry more.

Last edited:
Miles

I was curious as to how many miles everyone has on their NC. I know this bike is capable of really high mileage and am excited about being able to ride it for years and years to come. Let us know what you got!

Mine is still a baby right at 1500 miles. Hadn’t even gotten its feet wet!

Mine too SDM!! I've just owned mine a couple of weeks and only have 1,800 miles on it now. So i'm day dreaming and excited to start racking up the miles on it this summer as we still have a lot of snow and today it's cold/raining! :{)

[...The clutch was the only thing that "failed" at 80K miles, though it's probably more accurate to say wore out...]

I'm fairly certain that 80k on a bike that needs shifting perhaps more frequently because of the low red line is probably considered normal. And besides, the clutch is considered a high wear item similar to the brake pads and tires. :eek:

I was curious as to how many miles everyone has on their NC. I know this bike is capable of really high mileage and am excited about being able to ride it for years and years to come. Let us know what you got!

Mine is still a baby right at 1500 miles. Hadn’t even gotten its feet wet!

Forum member Old Can Ride put over 100,000 miles on his NC700X, got the Africa Twin bug, and gave his NC to a family member from what I recall. The bike is still running. StratTuner (post 23) still has his NC with over 100,000 miles. The truth is, most people get bored and buy a new bike long before the NC is worn out. In fact, I’ve never yet heard of a worn out NC700.

I won’t set any NC700X mileage records because I have multiple motorcycles/scooters. I’ve ridden about 37,000 miles combined on the two NC700Xs I own.

Last edited:
I was curious as to how many miles everyone has on their NC.

That would be a pretty long list ;-)

The NC hasn't been out all that long and many owners are either re-entry riders, noobs, or bought it for pleasure riding or commuting. Consequently, the list of "really high mileage" NCs is pretty nil.

Back in the day, a car with 100,000 miles was a rarity, and a motorcycle with 30,000 or 40,000 miles that didn't need a rebuild was practically unheard of.

Now? Any modern street motorcycle should easily cover 100,000 miles (or much more) without issue.

Bottom line? This motorcycle can easily do more miles than most riders would ever want to ;-)

That would be a pretty long list ;-)

The NC hasn't been out all that long and many owners are either re-entry riders, noobs, or bought it for pleasure riding or commuting. Consequently, the list of "really high mileage" NCs is pretty nil.

Back in the day, a car with 100,000 miles was a rarity, and a motorcycle with 30,000 or 40,000 miles that didn't need a rebuild was practically unheard of.

Now? Any modern street motorcycle should easily cover 100,000 miles (or much more) without issue.

Bottom line? This motorcycle can easily do more miles than most riders would ever want to ;-)
My NC just went over the 70,000 mile mark and I've only used consumables, the fork seals failing around 50,000 miles, is the only part that "broke" but I think that's acceptable I also replaced the rear wheel damper set as they were looking worn but still working. The rest has been scheduled maintenance, oil, plugs, filters and such

I realize I’m resurrecting an old thread, but on the subject of high mile NCs, I noticed a California based owner on Fuelly, kungfoo222, shows an odometer of about 135,000 miles, with 788 fuel-ups. His or her mpg is low, but they’re sure putting on the miles.

And of course, our beloved forum member StratTuner shows a Fuelly odometer reading of around 113,000 miles.

By the way, the NC700X now holds the #2 spot for most entries on Fuelly. If you have an NC700X, make a Fuelly account for your bike. Let’s make the NC700X #1!

Last edited:
I haven't used fuelly in a long time. I did however just roll over 73k miles. In the past 12 months I've racked up over 17k miles.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Just over 38,000 miles on my 2012 nc700xd.

Just tires, brake pads, and one chain/sprocket replacement until this week.. My Honda factory heated grips quit :(

2012 NC700X - Purchased 9/2019 with 33,000 miles

I recently bought a 2012 NC700X - Purchased 9/2019 with 33,000 miles, had do do full maintenance as the PO didn't do anything except ride it. Valve cover was brown inside - probably went 16K without changing the oil. Still, it seems to be running great with no error codes or issues.

- Paul C

Back