• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

high milers on the DCT's

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
those of you.. what kind of mileage have you done so far on the DCT models only.
any problems etc??.
the reason why I'm asking is I'm considering in getting one.
and usually the 1st years some times show up gremlins that Honda hasn't anticipated.

crazy Brits and their slang that no one understands.

Translation from proper English to American :) is Rocker buddy your bike is the manual version. Simples!!
My joke about the thread being gearest is a play on words like racist as it only applies to the DCT version and excludes the manual version. It really isn't the same if you have to explain them :) :)

Mine has only 1800 milers but I can say it starts up in a split second weather its 105 deg in the morning or 45 deg. it don't know the differance. Gets 70 mpg with a tall Cal Sci windscreen a 55 ltre topbox and I weigh 270lbs, don't know how many stones that converts to...

It really isn't the same if you have to explain them :) :)

Lol! Nope, it surely is not!

On a more serious note, I wouldn't expect much trouble from the DCT. Honda's been using them for a few years between the VFR1200 and the Rancher ATV. Do you get the Rancher ATVs in the UK?

Lol! Nope, it surely is not!

On a more serious note, I wouldn't expect much trouble from the DCT. Honda's been using them for a few years between the VFR1200 and the Rancher ATV. Do you get the Rancher ATVs in the UK?

Cretainly not under that name
BTW I certainly had no problems with my VFR 1200 DCT

The only issues we had with the DCT on the Rancher's was caused by submersion in water repeatedly. They did have an angle sensor recall but that was years ago and I think Honda has that sorted by now. The guys who sunk them all the time had issues with the actual shift motors. The armature inside would corrode and it would stop shifting. The first few times you could pull it apart and clean it with sandpaper, after that it would need to be replaced. WAY OFF TOPIC HERE. I do not know much about the NC's system, but this is not new to Honda and I think you will be fine.

Back