• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway pegs mounted on Givi engine bars

lue42

Reaction score
Visit site
This turned out to be a pretty big hassle... but I think it turned out great in the end.

NY9EKjn.jpg
zkPHm5f.jpg

Problems:
  • The mounts showed up Chrome
  • The footpegs were glossy black (I knew that)
  • The footpegs didn't fit into the mounts well - loose and needed drilling out
  • The Givi bars were to skinny for these mounts
  • No matter how hard I tightened it up, the clamp would not stop sliding

Workarounds/solutions:
  • A friend sandblasted them for me and I painted them with flat paint. Also, due to the error, the seller refunded 1/2 the price.
  • For the bar size, I put a thin steel shim in to increase the bar width and added a stainless washer
  • Due to the looseness, and the direction I mounted them, the pegs are put into the mount in a way (90 degrees, backwards) that they can't retract, which is ok as they don't stick out far
  • I mounted the arm in such a way that it butts up against the frame and holds everything in place and stops any sliding. They don't stick out very far past the bars (maybe 3") but enough to get my boot on them and stretch out for a bit

This is one of those cases where I ask "what could I have done different?". Besides buying a $200 set of Kuryakyn pegs, I can't think of anything that would have made things better. That is what happens when you order online cheap stuff and are dealing with a non-standard bar size (most of these mounts are made for 1 1/4", etc - not 1")

Parts list:

Footpegs:
Lesoleil Pair CNC Black Rear Front Foot Pegs Mail Mount Aluminum for Harley Touring Sportster Softail Dyna Low Rider-in Foot Rests from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Mounts:
PAZOMA Black Motorcycle Replacement Longhorn Offset Highway Foot Peg Mounts with 1" Magnum Clamp for Harley Bobber Chopper ATV-in Foot Rests from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited:
Update

There continues to be a lot of questions about highway pegs on the forum. I changed with my setup since this last post so I thought I would update my install.

Here is what I ordered (if you choose to order, do some searching around incl Ebay for the best price - my link may not be best)

Mount - LINK
Pegs - LINK

I did not end up liking the location I mounted them in my previous. They did not allow my leg to straighten out enough and didn't stick out enough to feel safe (felt like my boot would slip off sometimes).

I did a lot of research on the net for solutions for highway pegs slipping. It seems to be a common problem for a lot of people. I tried mounting them as they are designed to be and tried the following to stop them from rotating:
  • Thin rubber (from an inner tube) - this helped a bit and was the most successful, but still slipped
  • Duct tape and Electrical tape - almost no help
  • Pop can metal as spacers - also in combination with above attempts... nope

Ultimately, for the mounts I bought, trying to attach to Givi engine bars I determined that there is no 100% solid solution other than mounting them in such a way that they rotate and are held against something, like the frame in my previous post. Also, this time I used pop can metal cut into strips as a spacer. They say they are for 1", but likely are for 1 1/4".

I am pretty happy with the current mounted location. You can see in the pics that it is essentially mounted backwards, turned around on itself and press into the bars instead of slipping. The only issue is that they can't fold up as the pegs are in the mount backwards and the stop is holding it solid. It doesn't stick out too far, is just the right distance for my leg, can fit my whole foot on the peg and also does not budge at all.

YLRspBU.jpg

3mYXZpe.jpg

j7YaQGM.jpg

For the Givi bar highway peg rotation problem, get them set where you want, then drill a hole through the peg bracket and engine guard, and install a screw.

Last edited:
For the Givi bar highway peg rotation problem, get them set where you went, then drill a hole through the peg bracket and engine guard, and install a screw.

I see your point and that was always an option, but I reallllly don't want to put holes in the engine bar - especially if I can't be sure they are in the right position where I want them first. I think I finally settled into a good setup in the end, for not a lot of money.

Back