• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway pegs

I saw those and they are super rad! But they ship out of Ukraine and idk how the shitshow over there would effect the shipping. I'll email them
I just received and installed mine. Seriously lovely people to deal with. Shipping took under two weeks. Installed as they should. You do need to trim the plastic cowling, which is a bit trial and error, but the whole thing took only an hour or so.

Easy, but fussy. Trial and error to get the sizing / spacing right. Just take your time and line it all up. It'll be off a bit, but just nip here and there and you'll fit it. A little coping saw / jig saw will probably work best.

I just received and installed mine. Seriously lovely people to deal with. Shipping took under two weeks. Installed as they should. You do need to trim the plastic cowling, which is a bit trial and error, but the whole thing took only an hour or so.
I ordered one on their website but they didn't ask for payment?
No response with an email either.
Russia nuke them?
What was your ordering experience?

Last edited:
I ordered one on their website but they didn't ask for payment?
No response with an email either.
Russia nuke them?
What was your ordering experience?
They only work Mon-Fri. They calculate shipping to your specific address and email you a total. Payment is by etransfer and they ship once they receive payment. It was all very smooth...just not 'Amazon-like'.

They only work Mon-Fri. They calculate shipping to your specific address and email you a total. Payment is by etransfer and they ship once they receive payment. It was all very smooth...just not 'Amazon-like'.
Thank you.

Just a quick review of the Iron Skill highway pegs I have installed. https://iron-skill.com/en/item.php?item=76

Ordering
The ordering processs is pretty normal for an overseas orders. You place your order, they respond with a quote that includes fees and shipping, you send a response and payment, and they respond with an email confirmation. Once your item is shipped you get a confirmation email with tracking number. Two weeks later it is on your door step. I had no problems. everal others here who have dealt with Iron Skil have not posted any complaints. You need rember the time zone difference. Our start of the day is the end of their day so a response to a question takes a bit.

Product quality
As you can see the highway pegs are of a simple design, not milled out of a solid steel billet. I like the looks. The workmanship is very good and the finish is uniform. The pegs are side specific, ie not interchangeable. Included are two new mounting bolts (also side specific) shims and washers. A one page instruction sheet. The instructuion sheet was simple and I relied on the pictures to help guide me.

Installation
Both pegs mount to the existing motor mounts using the new (longer) bolts. The first step is to remove the lower cowl. This is a pretty straight foward process but is not explained in the instuctions. To get at the right side mounting bolt it helps to loosen the two bolts holding the horn in place. Then you take out the existing motor mount bolt. It is important to shim the new bolts to the same threaded length as the one you took out. If you have too much thread and force it too deep in the motor casing you can damage the motor. I have R-Gaza crash bars and used one 5mm shim on the right and two 5mm shims on the left. Installation is pretty quick. Trimming the cowl was a bit fiddly and took several trips to the saw to get it right.

Once installed the new pegs are about 17 inches forward of the OEM pegs and 1 5/8 inches higher. On my bike I have pedals that are lowered 1 3/8 inches. The total height difference between the lowered pedals and the new pedals on my bike is 3 inches.

As you can see from the last two pictures the new pegs do straighten you legs out slightly. Note the knee position in the two pictures. I took the bike out for a 3 mile ride and I found the raised foot position to be a bit cramped. I think having the pegs lower would be better but I see no way of doing that.

I'm going to wait on passing judgment on these until I can get out on a longer ride. That may not be for awhile.

Attachments

• 1 IS.jpg
    1 IS.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 2 IS extended.jpg
    2 IS extended.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • 3 IS folded.jpg
    3 IS folded.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 4 IS Lt side 1.jpg
    4 IS Lt side 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 5 IS Lt side 2.jpg
    5 IS Lt side 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 6 IS.jpg
    6 IS.jpg
    929.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 7 IS.jpg
    7 IS.jpg
    920.9 KB · Views: 32
What sort of work is involved in lowering the stock pedals? Also, shifter and brake?
Removing the pedals is easy, one nut and I believe a cotter pin per pedal. Yes, both the shifter and brake need to be adjusted and take a bit more work. The procedure is in the manual.

Great set of pics Lee, especially the last two. Yea a little lower would be better, or more natural one would think,, but I think those are great compared to most highway pegs position

Removing the pedals is easy, one nut and I believe a cotter pin per pedal. Yes, both the shifter and brake need to be adjusted and take a bit more work. The procedure is in the manual.
Oh, okay. I'll have a look. Thanks. Any recos for lowered pegs?

Back