• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout IV, April 13-16, 2017

Wish I could make this one. I am going to Florida in March to visit the wife (going to Daytona Track area during bike week) and planning on the 'return to the Dragon' in May. If I was retired and hit a small lottery, I would travel on the bike all the time. Unfortunately, have to work and pay the bills and April is just out for bike traveling.

I've been away for a while. Mike (itlives) told me this was happening. The one I went to was definitely memorable. I now have it on my calendar. Anybody coming through Texarkana want to ride up together?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Marc, if I can get away (and I'm pretty sure I can), I'll ride up with you.

Excited to meet you all and ride again in Arkansas! I won't be on my best behavior! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found some Dualsport route suggestions,
but the description is vague about how much offroad and whether its big bike friendly.
Can some one comment or recommend something?
Arkansas Motorcycling Routes - Natural Dam to Boxley Valley
Arkansas Motorcycling Routes - Ozark National Forest Ride

I have ridden a few of the fire service (FS) roads in the area, totally accessible on an NCX.

I used the Arkansas Motorocycle guides (like you listed) and a DeLorme Arkansas Topo map to plan the route.

Also as OCR suggested Bamamate is a good source.

Looks like OCR and I are going on a tip-to-tip of NA & SA leaving for AK about July . So I have penciled the Hub onto my calendar, see ya's there.
Ray
I regret to have to erase this event off my calendar this year. OCR and I are planning a grand tour later this summer, north to Prudhow Bay, Alaska and then to the southern tip of South America and return. I am curtailing my romping across the country to put those resources into the kitty. I know I will miss the camaraderie while enjoying the rides on those windy back roads, the great food, and the evening bonfires at the Hub. Maybe next year!

Ray

Should to be there Thursday afternoon/evening. I see lunch at Low Gap in my future, probably Friday (I've been only twice this year so far). Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and we will have blue skies and warm temps.
Mike

I’m unfortunately out. On April 27th I’m going to Kentucky. Missus would not tolerate two trips in such a close timeframe.

I regret to have to erase this event off my calendar this year. OCR and I are planning a grand tour later this summer, north to Prudhow Bay, Alaska and then to the southern tip of South America and return. I am curtailing my romping across the country to put those resources into the kitty. I know I will miss the camaraderie while enjoying the rides on those windy back roads, the great food, and the evening bonfires at the Hub. Maybe next year!

Ray
Looking forward to ride reports :). Ride safe.

What's Alaska and South America got that Arkansas doesn't? :)
OCR needed a wingman, I couldn't resist applying for the position! Instead of riding a couple thousand miles for one event, I usually plan to combine attending multiple events and wander aimlessly between them. I would have gone to March Moto Madness 2017 in TN next weekend, Hillbilly two weeks later, and then the HU in VA a couple weeks after that. Probably spending time down in Key West again on the beach and other places killing time. I'll miss this trip but gotta be ready for the grand tour with Jim.
Ray

"the southern tip of South America and return"
All the way to Ushuaia?
Ray, what are y'alls return strategy? ship and fly?

Ray

"the southern tip of South America and return"
All the way to Ushuaia?
Ray, what are y'alls return strategy? ship and fly?
Not trying to be mysterious nor hijack this thread, I'm just the wingman, I'll let OCR start a thread about the trip since he is the brains of the grand journey. That way if anyone else wishes to join us, plans can be explained on its own thread.

Ray

I am planning on arriving Thursday afternoon also but sadly Nebraskagirl won't be able to attend due to a work conflict.

Low Gap!!!

I am planning on arriving Thursday afternoon also but sadly Nebraskagirl won't be able to attend due to a work conflict.

Low Gap!!!

Awwww, that's disappointing, I was looking forward to her "not" best behavior :)

I will leave the house Friday morning, drop by the Hub and check in, then most likely head to Low Gap for lunch YUM!!!!

I still plan to be there late Thursday.

Back