• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hippo Hands

Gigs

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I noticed this morning that it was getting a bit nippy. So in preparation for the coming winter (winter is coming for all you dorks), Im checking into some cold gear and found Hippo hands. Does anyone have experience with these. Thoughts?

Ordering Page for Medium U

I had a set from Komine that I had used on my old Inazuma. Unfortunately, I found it next to impossible on the NC to signal a turn with them mounted without blowing the horn, so I sold them.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've never actually tried Hippo hand type wind blockers, but I'm sure they work very well to keep hands warm. I just can't get over the horrible looks on the bike and don't like the idea of difficulty in getting my hands on and off the grips.

As a compromise, I installed Suzuki Vstrom handguards on my Yamaha FJR1300. They make a real difference in the effectiveness of the heated grips because they block a lot of the wind. The Vstrom handguard setup is nice because once you replace the clutch/brake lever pivot bolts with the handguard versions, it only takes seconds to install or remove the guards. I'll have to see if they're possible to install on the NC700, although being a DCT it might be more of a challenge on the clutch side.

Back