• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Heated Grip Operation

KW7

Reaction score
Visit site
I apologize in advance for this question, but can someone tell me how the OEM heated grips operate with respect to settings? I could not find any operation manual online.

I assume when you first turn them on it is at max setting and each click drops it down. I am unsure how many settings they have and when I am back at 100%. Thanks.

I assume when you first turn them on it is at max setting and each click drops it down.

Yup, that's right - turns on at high, next press is medium, next low, next off. At each change the led flashes to tell you what level you're at - three flashes for high, two for medium, one for low.

I never use them on anything but high! I have foam grip covers over them though, so maybe that spreads the heat out some.

I never use them on anything but high! I have foam grip covers over them though, so maybe that spreads the heat out some.

In effect you are insulating your hands from the heated grips, hope it doesn't overheat them and cause them to burn themselves out.

In effect you are insulating your hands from the heated grips, hope it doesn't overheat them and cause them to burn themselves out.

That's true. The larger circumference they provide gives me more surface contact with my hands though, so it's worth it to me for that.

I have heard many bikers who swore allegiance to heated grips once they have had them.
I am not thinking of installing them, but after some 1 hour ride today, I am thinking of a solution.

Question:
Is a good pair of gloves (winter) good enough compared to having heated-grips (all that effort to install etc)?

If yes, any recommendations?

I can vouch for the fact that heated grips cannot compensate for the fact you are wearing summer gloves in winter,,,after a while the grips lose the battle with the cold and the result is pain,,,

Heated grips, of whatever brand, and a good pair of gloves.

I bought these klim this fall and they're great. Nice and thin so you still have full feel of the controls. Windproof so the backs of your hands stay warm too.

Inversion Glove

3161-000-L.jpg

iv just fitted heated grips and it dose take some time as the plastic throttle needs a lot of altering! unless you go for Honda grips, lots of money only thing i found is that you have nice worm hands, on the inside but your knuckles/fingers are still cold due to the wind chill so fitted the Acerbis Dual Road hand gards and wow what a difference only thing is try and find grips with 25% 50% 75% 100% power setting i got 50% 100% and sometimes even on 50 I turn them off after a wile hands get to worm

My heated hand grips came in today, will have shop put them on Monday. Center stand came in too will put that om my self.

If you need help, check beemerphile's method to install. I used his advice and it took less than 30 minutes by myself!

I may be a fool for asking ... is there any NC model that comes with built-in heated grips, or are all these aftermarket accessories? They would be definitely useful up here in the North.
Please let me know, which aftermarket ones you prefer, of course if it is an aftermarket thing.
Thanks.

I may be a fool for asking ... is there any NC model that comes with built-in heated grips, or are all these aftermarket accessories? They would be definitely useful up here in the North.
Please let me know, which aftermarket ones you prefer, of course if it is an aftermarket thing.
Thanks.

No built in heated grips. Honda factory dealer installed accessorie heated grip have real merit, aftermarket heated grips are another choice.

Back