• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NT700V forks on NC?

SleepyC

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone tried this swap? It would allow duel disc's and maybe even a spoked wheel...

You can find forks for $200 clams on the eBay.

2010-Honda-NT700V-Varaderof.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Not likely....

What would the point be of replacing one set of crappy forks with another set of crappy non-adjustable forks while spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars?

Last edited:
tell me again why i need dual disks? what i have now i doubt gets used to its limits even when i'm riding pretty hard. it isn't going to save me from pea gravel on pavement either... ; }

If you think the stock NC won't stop, (and it did so admirably in the MCN test http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/model_eval/2012decnc700x.pdf ), you can put a '12-'13 three piston front caliper on your bike and plumb all three pistons into the front master. It slows right down with little effort. Your only limit is tire traction and the heat dissipation of the single disk. For normal street use that should not be a problem.

It's stops fine. I just like one of a kind conversation starters that also work..
This all started when I was bored and the Mother in Law was over.. :D

My other bike is a NT700V (with 60k miles) and I certainly wouldn't make the swap! The NT does stop with less effort but fork travel is around 1" shorter than the NC and brake dive can be pronounced = 1 positive and 2 negatives.

Play upright or electric bass for a bunch of months and it seems trivially simple to squeeze the brake lever harder than hell repeatedly ; }

Play upright or electric bass for a bunch of months and it seems trivially simple to squeeze the brake lever harder than hell repeatedly ; }

Funny enough, I was a guitar player for 30+ years. Went to college for Jazz and classical and everything (Very useful degree... hahaha) . About 10 years ago got burned out. and stopped.
Picked up the old acoustic about 2 months ago and started playing again... Brain remembers all the scales and chords, hands are SLOW, finger tips are sore and it's hard to deal with this. Been trying to play a little every day just to build up the finger tip callouses so I can play longer than 20 minutes without pain. Completely forgot about this problem.. Hopefully after a few months my dexterity will comeback.. sucks to know the licks but the fingers won't cooperate!

Back