• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Rumored to Work on Blind Spot Warning System for Motorbikes

Sounds good.... but they'll have to come up with a system that gives enough advanced warning to the rider to be of use. Time will tell.

The general idea seems alright, but frankly motorcycles are already too expensive for what they really are/offer, so I don't love having myriad ways to raise prices even more. I'd MUCH rather see switchable ABS come standard across the board, as far as ROI and usability/utility.

The general idea seems alright, but frankly motorcycles are already too expensive for what they really are/offer, so I don't love having myriad ways to raise prices even more. I'd MUCH rather see switchable ABS come standard across the board, as far as ROI and usability/utility.

I agree, Motorcycles are pretty expensive for what they offer. but nevertheless i do wish it had all the safety features that has been given to cars in the last 10-12 years.

i wish they came as standard feature with no extra charge...

to name a few

tire pressure monitor
blind spot monitor
abs
traction control
skid control
sensor for airbag jacket ( i think ducati had one)
helmet sensor ( no helmet, no riding) kind of like seat belt minder

even if it cost a bit more, but insurance rate drops i could make up the difference in the ownership of the bike. we depending on how much it drops....

I agree, Motorcycles are pretty expensive for what they offer. but nevertheless i do wish it had all the safety features that has been given to cars in the last 10-12 years.

i wish they came as standard feature with no extra charge...

to name a few

tire pressure monitor
blind spot monitor
abs
traction control
skid control
sensor for airbag jacket ( i think ducati had one)
helmet sensor ( no helmet, no riding) kind of like seat belt minder

even if it cost a bit more, but insurance rate drops i could make up the difference in the ownership of the bike. we depending on how much it drops....

While admittedly not strictly a safety feature, how about making it standard on bikes something really, really basic that cars have had forever, like a seat that is adjustable. Most bikes come with few, if any, ergonomic adjustments. Let's make it fit before we worry about gadgets.

Last edited:
While admittedly not strictly a safety feature, how about making it standard on bikes something really, really basic that cars have had forever, like a seat that is adjustable. Most bikes come with few, if any, ergonomic adjustments. Let's make it fit before we worry about gadgets.

you are right.

not just seat adjustment, but also pegs and handlebars. is 2016 and still not all bike have lever adjustment.

Back