• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Horizons Unlimited California in October

JUST FYI the 2014 CA HU meeting is Sept. 25-28. New! New location - Yosemite! Lots of camping space, several large presentation rooms, and a very friendly town! We'll be there! Online registration is open now! I'm coming from TX for this one and I believe Old Can Ride is planning on making it also but only he can really say on that. I went to the one in CO (1/10 the size of the CA HU ) and it was one of the best group gathering I've ever attended. Laid back riders of all ages and many who have or are/or thinking about RTW (round the world) tours. Just a cool bunch of people who treated this old fart (newbie to off-road and RTW) like family. I do not like to camp (yet) so I've stayed in hotel/motel or bunk houses near the rally. Their site Welcome to the global home of motorcycle travel and overland adventure travel! | Horizons Unlimited is worth the visit. The HU Achievable Dream dvd set is my most repeated viewed dvds so far. Many of the Kindle books I have been reading lately have been people who recommend HU. I will probably never do a RTW but sure a lot of good info and ideas in general.

Man these events keep having bad timing. I would love to go to this, but alas this is my daughters birthday weekend. As always there will most likely be many people at the house and plenty for dad to do. Oh, well. Yosemite is close too.

Man these events keep having bad timing. I would love to go to this, but alas this is my daughters birthday weekend. As always there will most likely be many people at the house and plenty for dad to do. Oh, well. Yosemite is close too.
I can relate as I'm not in canada due to my grandsons birthday bash this weekend .... Now retired family always first...was mostly that way before but before no time to really ride and the X just makes that more fun... I'm a wus as I'm staying in Merced in motel rather than camping ...:)

JUST FYI the 2014 CA HU meeting is Sept. 25-28. New! New location - Yosemite! Lots of camping space, several large presentation rooms, and a very friendly town! We'll be there! Online registration is open now! I'm coming from TX for this one and I believe Old Can Ride is planning on making it also but only he can really say on that. I went to the one in CO (1/10 the size of the CA HU ) and it was one of the best group gathering I've ever attended. Laid back riders of all ages and many who have or are/or thinking about RTW (round the world) tours. Just a cool bunch of people who treated this old fart (newbie to off-road and RTW) like family. I do not like to camp (yet) so I've stayed in hotel/motel or bunk houses near the rally. Their site Welcome to the global home of motorcycle travel and overland adventure travel! | Horizons Unlimited is worth the visit. The HU Achievable Dream dvd set is my most repeated viewed dvds so far. Many of the Kindle books I have been reading lately have been people who recommend HU. I will probably never do a RTW but sure a lot of good info and ideas in general.

If there is a separate thread for this year's Calif HU meet I can't find it. I'm about 3 hours away if all goes well, I may only be able to stay for 5 - 6 hours, is it worth showing up for that short a time?

If there is a separate thread for this year's Calif HU meet I can't find it. I'm about 3 hours away if all goes well, I may only be able to stay for 5 - 6 hours, is it worth showing up for that short a time?

The schedule (subject to change) is posted on the CA meeting website, download it and take a look and the time frame you'd be able to make it for. Blurbs about most of the presentations are on the CA meeting main page.

I'm going to meet up with my riding buddy in Lodi and we hope to be there between 9 - 10 on Saturday , unless storms come in. :cool:
Weather forecast looks good for Saturday.

Back