• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC Mystery Part? Can you identify?

Well, I recognized it because I had some hard deal with my front pads a couple of weeks ago :)

Well, I recognized it because I had some hard deal with my front pads a couple of weeks ago :)

There are only two things that look like that (the pattern of holes) on a motorcycle that I've ever seen in all my life, the steel mesh in an OEM airbox, and brake pad backing shims. I have never seen a motorcycle water pump impeller personally in real life, but that was instantly recognizable nevertheless.

I thought the simple pattern of holes would be a dead give away, with the only two choices "Airbox screen"? or: "Brake pads"? :eek:

What me again?

By the way PJM what was non-standard part you were going to use? I am intrigued.

Anyway, your new puzzle is.......

guess-2.jpg

..... the lighting is not "natural" but brings out the grain in the metal!

Man the non-dct riders here are getting burned on parts we never have seen. I looked at my brake pads last night and the metal plate for the non-dct is smooth, no holes. Then the plastic piece that holds dct brake lines comes up... I can't win lol

The top picture on my post, it's the 'Brain' for my alarm.

Blimey, that looks a complicated box of tricks then - I have just been wiring some extra lights and things and although I like planning it all and making the looms I HATE trying to route cables on bikes!

Sorry if your feeling left out Hmcp88 - but sometimes it can be difficult to know what bits are different - I think the brake pads (holes or not) are differentiated by ABS or NOT - which, on your side of the pond equates to DCT or Manual, but for the UK I THINK ALL the bikes have ABS so you could have a Manual with those pads! Confused, I know I am!

Anyway, I can assure you that my picture above is on ALL versions.

Man the non-dct riders here are getting burned on parts we never have seen. I looked at my brake pads last night and the metal plate for the non-dct is smooth, no holes. Then the plastic piece that holds dct brake lines comes up... I can't win lol

LOL Mine has both pieces and it is not a DCT model, but a NC700XA (ABS, but manual gear box)

See you overseas guys get the good stuff. I really wish we could get ABS without having to buy the automatic, I just don't think I'm ready for automatic.

Back