• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Im delighted to have joined, but i do feel grey1one gave me a 'by' (since he said it would be easy for him) so i'll be keeping a close watchout for a proper win :)
Anyway it was fun, im sure once the spring arrives i'll have no chance!

Since I'm in Louisiana.....
The pics loaded backwards. Should have had the NC windscreen in there first.
Next tag coming up shortly

DSCN0915.jpg
DSCN0914.jpg

Good catch itLives! no chance of me getting the next one as there are not many about in Portugal but I'm keeping up to date and when i get home I'm right back on this lol!

There are two restoration shops somewhat nearby, but neither of them had anything outside where I could get a picture.
Rode around on back county roads figuring there would be some sitting around one of the ranch/farms, but no.
Had to head into town to find one. :cool:

I will admit I took these before our blizzards started in December in the Northeast and ended my riding adventures for a bit, but I couldn't resist and had to reply!

Mike

Old tag: Body of water, (Warwick Cove)
Marina.jpg

New tag: Any Lighthouse, (Conimicut Light)

Lighthouse.jpg

That's up for grabs, I'm a long way from any lighthouses.
FUT62.gif

I think you are closer than you think... Remember any lighthouse, does not have to be one on the water, we have several that are built of wood made part of a restaurant no where near the water, I'm sure you can come up with something (a model of a lighthouse by your bike maybe :)).

I will admit I took these before our blizzards started in December in the Northeast and ended my riding adventures for a bit, but I couldn't resist and had to reply!

Mod note:

This is specifically against the "rules" to post a tag capture with a picture taken previously, but I think the spirit and good will shown by all the nice folks playing here will allow for a pass, this once. The game has stalled out a bit here and there during wintery months anyway, so who is to complain if it merrily plugs along now, eh?

And Blizzards. I mean c'mon! Ya gotta throw some love to the poor NC souls who are still snowbound, right? ;)

Normally I wouldn't give'm a pass on snow but I haven't ridden in week because of ice and next week isn't looking good either so I can agree to the pass.

Now this thing you call a lighthouse. Around here a light house means a single wide instead of a double wide mobile home.

To prevent game stall out, we could have a modification of the rules:

If the tag goes stale after two weeks, the tag owner has the choice of designating a new tag, or, to show mercy to those snowbound, allow a tag to be answered by a previously taken photo. But, that option only exists after the 14 day wait time, to give winter hardy folks, or those in warm climates, a fair chance to ride out and get the tag the "right way".

Whadoya think?

Last edited:
I like it.
To be honest, I didn't know that rule. My last pic was from a previous ride. Just being up front.

Glad you came clean! However, the spirit of the game is to get you motivated to go out riding to win the tag, not just sitting in front of the computer sharing your photo library.

Glad you came clean! However, the spirit of the game is to get you motivated to go out riding to win the tag, not just sitting in front of the computer sharing your photo library.

I got the spirit! I had to ride 30 miles in 30F (but beautiful)weather to get the tag. But yes, I cheated on the new tag. It won't happen again.
SIR YES SIR!

The new tag does not have to be a new photo. To "claim" the existing tag you are supposed to take a new photo. Stock photos are allowed for the new tag to keep the game moving.

Sounds like you did it right itlives.

I'll see if I can get a lighthouse tomorrow. It's been in the mid 50's and hit 60 degrees recently. And I'm near 48 degrees latitude. Hasn't frosted since the first day of January. But our mountain snow pack is hurt'in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back